How to run Logitech Media Server as Docker container

• Hi ppl,

I'm running stoneburner 2.1, installed omvextras, added docker gui in order to run Logitech Media Server. So I choose a container to pull (tried containers of jinglemansweep and gfjardim). Now I guessed I just run them and everything will be fine.
    But... I nowhere can find any LMS software on my network (on port 9000 as per usual). So I'm trying to find out what I did wrong here.

I try to add a screen capture of is what the screen looks like when I first run the jinglemansweep container.
    I suspect that I need to do some modifications but I dont know really.
    Is there anybody out there who can help me out? Or maybe put together a 'how to'?

Tnx for reading,
    Hugo

On Kralizec it wasnt such a pain to get LMS working just a simple addon... wish I never upgraded :(

• @stroomdraad i use the container in host mode and it works without problems in port 9000

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• thx subzero, solved this one for me.
    Next issue (it seems like boring you to death maybe) is that I cant find the mediafiles in the linux file system. I had it all figured out years ago when I set up 0.6, but I forgot where to look.
    Where do I look for mediafiles in LMS when my OMV audio library is stored in a shared harddrive. Is it \dev or \etc? I have got no clue how linux names their attached harddrives...

Tnx for helping out guys!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your files must be somewhere around /media/<uuid>/music maybe?

In mount bind section you need to put where files are in host the left side, the path that i mentioned before, then to the right add the path that would represent inside the container for example /mnt/music press plus

Then run again the container.

Cant help you that much if you don't know where your media files are.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!