my first NAS whit OMV (i am Italian ;-) )

• Hi there, first you need to know how raid works, i can see that you have an old intel atom cpu, so what kind of hardware are you using? It is netbook?

omv 6.0 in proxmox 7.1-10 - AMD Ryzen 1700 - 48GB DDR4 :thumbup:

• Hello, it's a nas built with broken pieces and low cost, the motherboard is MINI ITX IX945GSE2 and the raid is not yet present. I have 2 hd Seagate barracuda 2tb from that I would use them in RAID1

From Italy :):)

My NAS: CM Elite 110, Asus P8H77-I, Intel I5 2330, 4GB ram, 1x 4TB HD WDRed, 1x 1TB HD Seagate.
    With: Plex, Transmission, SMB, FTP, USBBackup

• you can use software RAID, but it will use CPU for RAID things, so you need good CPU for this and also if if will handle big or small files...

the SW RAID you can setup in OMV gui, but i didnt make it there for now, so i dont know how to guide you

omv 6.0 in proxmox 7.1-10 - AMD Ryzen 1700 - 48GB DDR4 :thumbup:

• thanks, now I'm emptying my hd and making backup copies after I create the RAID0

From Italy :):)

My NAS: CM Elite 110, Asus P8H77-I, Intel I5 2330, 4GB ram, 1x 4TB HD WDRed, 1x 1TB HD Seagate.
    With: Plex, Transmission, SMB, FTP, USBBackup

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!