Email Server with openmediavault - what to use best

• Dear Community

After having seen that Gmail does no longer offer free custom Domain Service for gmail I think about using my OMV Server also as an email Server.
    However I wanted to ask what others here are already - succesfull - using.
    I consider using the roundcube plugin or which Looks quite appealing to me use the ox app Suite which i guess i would Need to run in a separate vm.
    I would appreciate any Feedback on what is used in the omv community which also runs stable and provides good search capabilities - best also in Attachements.

• Hello,

I've been making Debian-based mail servers for a couple of years, based on Exim and Courier.

I would like to write an OMV plugin for that role, but I'm new to OMV development (but I know PHP pretty well).

What would be the best way to proceed?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mikael () aus folgendem Grund: spelling

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't seen very many web servers on the same install as OMV. I think I saw one user using iRedMail. I always had my email server in a VM.

As for an email server plugin, I will have you added to the developer forum. Source code for OMV and native plugins is here and omv-extras plugins here. Plugins are almost all php, sh/bash, and javascript (extjs5.1).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks, I'll get on it this week-end.

If that turns out well, the next thing I'll need to work on is an Asterisk plugin :)

You are added to the dev forum now.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is what I was looking for. I used Zarafa in the past on my Synology NAS but its a pain. I cant or dont know how to export my emails now and the plugin is not maintained by the owner of Zarafa. Its in the community and half leagal. U only can setup 3 users and I need at least 5. I even would dontate to this, because its important for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!