Bug: Flash Memory Enabling with Notifications turned on

• There is a bug in how 'Flash Memory' activates on a running system. If Notifications are enabled (postfix) when Flash Memory's does it's startup mounting/copy, it corrupts postfix. I'm guessing it is occurring because Flash Memory is moving around files that are actively being used by postfix.

In the guide https://www.debian-administrat…/661/A_transient_/var/log, it recommends doing this at start-up before anything is active and using the files. I've also confirmed that if I disable 'Notifications' before enabling 'Flash Memory' this issue doesn't occur.

I think the safest course of actions would be for 'Flash Memory' to not try to enable itself immediately on a running system, but to wait and enable it on the next reboot.

To replicate:
    1) Enable 'Notifications'
    2) Enable 'Flash Memory'
    3) Check the status of postfix (postfix -status) or try to mail something. For me the mail queue froze and wouldn't send anything.

• Offizieller Beitrag

File an issue here.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!