OMV3 on Jessie - Bleeding Edge - not for production use

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMV3 on Jessie - Bleeding Edge - not for production use

For anyone wanting to have a fiddle with OMV 3.0 Erasmus, it is very easy to get running with tweaked "install on Debian" instructions, I had OMV3 running in virtualbox in ~20 minutes.

Please keep in mind this is an pre-release version of the OpenMediaVault software and only suitable for testing and developing, any use in a production environment is at your own risk.

First create a clean Debian Jessie installation, then:

Source Code

1. echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public [b]erasmus [/b]main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
      2. apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
      3. # Note: You will get a warning that the PGP Key can't be found. Thats fine.
      4. apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix apt-transport-https
      5. # Note: You will get a warning that the package 'openmediavault-keyring' can't be authenticated. You're fine to ignore that warning and install it anyways.
      6. apt-get update
      7. apt-get install openmediavault
      8. omv-initsystem
      9. shutdown -r now
      Display All

I must commend Volker and the team for their efforts as even the pre-release is polished and impressive.

There is currently no Erasmus repo for omv-extras.

Regards,
      Jordan.
    • BaronVonChickenPants wrote:

There is currently no Erasmus repo for omv-extras.

There isn't??? Better check again...

I think this post is a bit early. OMV 3 may seem polished but just the necessary changes to run on Jessie were made. Now it is time for the big changes. I highly recommend that people don't try it yet.
      omv 4.0.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!