Hosting a web server

• Resolved
    • OMV 2.x
    • Hosting a web server

Hi guys,I apologize if the topic has been treated on another thread but I would like to know:

What is the best way to have a web server hosted on the same server than OMV?

A) Is there a plugin for OMV?
      B) Is it better to have a VM with the virtualbox plugin? what OS would you recommend?
      C) Other...?

I know a little bit PHP + mysql, but maybe nowadays is better to have a package like GUPPY?

Thank you!
    • Try the nginx plugin. It allows you to configure php and you can use the mysql plugin if you need a database. No idea what guppy is.
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Hope he is not talking about the fish "guppy" :D No I think he was refering to ghc.freeguppy.org/articles.php…g=165&mnuid=101&tconfig=0 . Seams to be a kind of web portal thing.

But on the top siulman PLEASE read about OMV and what kind of Plugins are around instead of asking those questions. Because if you would have done it, you would know about nginx.
      Ryecoaaron has probably better things todo as to answer such stupid questions. And sorry to say so, just because you write down you would apologize for it does not make it better.

And no, im not angry nor anything else. I just write in a direct way so ppl realize how lazy they are.
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Try the nginx plugin. It allows you to configure php and you can use the mysql plugin if you need a database. No idea what guppy is.

Thanks @ryecoaaron,

I found a really interesting Video about this plugin which shows exactly how it works and it's exactly what I want.

You can change the thread as "solved".

@mutosan, I won't lose my time to answer people like you with such attitude... you have clearly shown what kind of person you are with your comment.