Notifications for failed disc in raids and zfs

• I get a lot of notification from OMV and that is good. I will probabl turn off some of them later but for now I like to get them.

But I would like to have two specific warnings and I can't figure out if I will get those or how to make sure I get notification on them.

I need a mail if a disc stops working. Do I get a mail if that happens?
    I have both the built in Raid and zfs raids and I can't figure out if I will get any notifications at all for my zfs raids.

Does this work out of the box or do I need to change any settings for this?
    I cannot find anything on this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I need a mail if a disc stops working. Do I get a mail if that happens?

If a disk stops working and is not mounted monit should send an email if notification for fs is enabled

I have both the built in Raid and zfs raids and I can't figure out if I will get any notifications at all for my zfs raids.

mdadm should also notify if there is a disk missing, zfs i don't know. But when the plugin was developed code was added to omv to support other fs. So i imagine the backend will autogenerate fs monit conf files. You can check that in /etc/monit/conf.d/

Does this work out of the box or do I need to change any settings for this?

In the notification section, second tab select filesystems and software raid. Can't remember well, but i think they are all enabled by default

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!