QEMU Installation @ OMV - is it possible?

• Hi guys,

I want to use a image from my raspberry @ omv, I understand that virtualbox can't read arm images - so I have to found out that QEMU should work. So how could I install QEMU @ OMV to integrate my arm image from my raspberry?

thx

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can boot a normal armel image in qemu but have never been able to get the RPi image to boot. qemu is very slow and limited with memory. What are you trying to do?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have configured one home automation to my raspberry with lxccu, and now I want to use my NAS with the OMV to using the home automation raspberry image - u understand?

I thought virtualbox would be the solution, so my thinking was - booting my NAS with OMV and starting one virtual environment with the raspberry image.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't been able to get that to work. I don't think you would be happy with performance either.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. Why not keep using the RPi?

• Because I want only one system with both solution, so I have to start the NAS and the RPi too. I can't believe, that there isnt one virtualization plugin for OMV which can reading arm images :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because I want only one system with both solution, so I have to start the NAS and the RPi too. I can't believe, that there isnt one virtualization plugin for OMV which can reading arm images :(

Leave the RPi running. It uses less than two watts.

We have plenty of options to virtualize but there is little need to virtualize arm on x86. Development/compiling is about the only reason. It is very inefficient. Your x86 box will use more power virtualizing arm than the RPi full loaded. Plus, most packages available for RPi are available for x86 systems.

• I have configured one home automation to my raspberry with lxccu, and now I want to use my NAS with the OMV to using the home automation raspberry image - u understand?

I thought virtualbox would be the solution, so my thinking was - booting my NAS with OMV and starting one virtual environment with the raspberry image.

I don't know if lxccu is x86 compatible but otherwise DietPi's x86 image running in VirtualBox might to the trick. Link: http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!