Very High CPU Usage

• Hello, all!

I just logged into my OMV server and noticed the extremely high CPU usage hovering around 54%. My CPU is a 2500k, and it normally idles around 0 to 1%. It seems as though Plex is the culprit, and I've stopped and restarted the service multiple times to no avail. Any thoughts as to the cause? Is it simply a bug in the update?

Just to give a few examples:

It seems it's been this way for a few days (I'm assuming since the recent Plex update):

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• The biggest part is Wait - IO, I'm not sure what it means exactly but maybe your HDDs have a problem that results in low responsiveness?
    You might wanna check the SMART-status' and/or additional checks.

You could also restart the service and check if it changes something (and couchpotato too, it seems to be just as CPU-hungry right?)

That's a very powerful CPU compared to what I have, but I sometimes have a similar problem with Emby when a stream is stop incorrectly and the transcoding continues in background.
    But I don't recall having a high Wait - IO because of that...

• The biggest part is Wait - IO, I'm not sure what it means exactly but maybe your HDDs have a problem that results in low responsiveness?
    You might wanna check the SMART-status' and/or additional checks.

You could also restart the service and check if it…

Thank you for your reply! It seems as if you were correct. I'm still very much a noob in Linux (and everything else for that matter!), but I did some research on iowait and stumbled across this article: http://bencane.com/2012/08/06/…ng-high-io-wait-in-linux/
    If anyone wants to follow this to drill down their root cause then they'll need the sysstat and iotop packages for the iostat and iotop commands. My disks thankfully seem to be fine. The problem was in fact CouchPotato; apparently it was stuck trying to run a python script located at /opt/couchpotato/Couchpotato.py. I assume this was part of the renaming feature built into CP. I turned this feature off and restarted the service. I'm not sure whether or not that particular feature was at fault, but it seems as though I now have a clean bill of health.

It seems that there were two movie files that kept on "regenerating" after the original files were processed by the script. Looking back, I wondered why I kept having to delete some duplicate movies. Now I know! Thank you again, @EruIluvatar. Your response was a world of help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!