Change USB drive where OMV is installed

• In the next few days i will order new hardware to my OMV Nas, now i have availably a 8GB USB2.0 flash drive to the OS system, my question if in the future i am able to change to a larger one, like on RaspberryPi, and there is any problem with USB3.0 drives to boot?. My other question is where the filies of the addons are saved, now on my desktop i'm running PMS (around 1500 movies and 4000 tvshows episodes), last time i backup the database a few months ago it size is about 8GB, if this data will be saved on USB boot drive i need a larger one if not it's ok to have 8GB guess.

• The Rpis, including the 2, only have USB 2.0. Why would you get anything USB 3.0 for this? USB 3.0 drives should be backwards compatible though. If you have USB 2.0 stuff laying around I would just use it rather than buy new enclosures.

The plex plugin stores that databases on the selected data disk. So this should not be an issue with the small system drive.

If you are using a usb 8gb flash stick for the system drive make sure you use the flash memory plugin.

• The reference to Rpi's it's only a example, to describe the process to backup and restore the OS that is in a Memory Card, i would like to know if the OMV as the same functionality, of backup the OS to an IMG file and in the future if necessary change the flash drive and keep the old OS, About the USB 3.0, its if the OMV will run OK in them on a real PC no RPi.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!