Installation issue on Atom D510 mainboard: Floppy detected, but board has none

• Hello!

I'm trying to install OMV 2 from USB stick to HDD on my Gigabyte Atom D510 mainboard.

Apparently, according to the kernel debug info on console screen 4, the Debian installer detects and persistently tries to access "fd0", hanging the installation process. The board does not even have a floppy controller though, nor can I set any floppy disabling parameters in the BIOS.

If I install OMV on another computer and put the finished HDD in the Atom one, the system boots fine.

Does anyone maybe have an idea how I can convince the installer that it should NOT try a floppy?

• Allow me to reply to myself. :) I think I found a workaround.

After the installer booted up and was sitting at the language selection, I switched to console 2 with Alt+F2, activated it and typed:

rmmod floppy
    echo "blacklist floppy" > /etc/modprobe.d/floppy.conf

Then the installer proceeded as normal without trying to access the floppy. Let's see if the installed system is okay!

EDIT: Yep, the installed system is fine. It even didn't install the floppy module, so no need to do the "blacklist" trick again. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!