PlexPy

• Hi

I have enabeled PlexPy in the settings for my Plex mediaserver running on OMV.

But how do I get it to run, I´m only able go get it running when I SSH into OMV and start it from there, but the service stops as soon as I close the SSH (Putty) window.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

• So the current OMV PMS package contains extra options in the OMV GUI to enable PlexPy?

I don't see a "enable PlexPy" setting/button. I'm on openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.12
    @ryecoaaron , a few months ago you provided me with a special OMV PMS 1.0.10 package because I had permission troubles.
    It would be logical for me not to see the PlexPy button if I were still on this special 1.0.10 version, but apparently I have updated to 1.0.12 (I see the checkmark in the plugin section)
    @ryecoaaron or @jhmiller any advice?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• root@OMV:/# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii openmediavault 2.1.23 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 1.0.11 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-extplorer 1.1 all OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.4 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-lvm2 2.1 all OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2.13.1 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-openvpn 1.1 all OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.12 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-pyload 1.0.4 all OpenMediaVault pyLoad plugin
    ii openmediavault-shellinabox 1.2 all Web-based SSH client.
    ii openmediavault-sickbeard 1.0.14 all OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin
    ii openmediavault-syncthing 1.9.2 all Syncthing plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 1.4 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    ii openmediavault-vdr 1.2 all VDR plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-vdr-extras 1.3 all Extras plugin for openmediavault-vdr.
    ii openmediavault-virtualbox 1.3 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    root@OMV:/#

and openmediavault-omvextrasorg is 2.13.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I never uploaded the new version to the repo. It is there now. Update and install.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin installs everything you need. I don't use plex and haven't tried plexpy. I will have to try it in a VM.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thank you ryecoaaron.

I updated to 1.0.14
    and @PillyWilly only could see the new buttons after restarting OMV
    this should work for you?

however, after I click "save" and "apply" in the header bar,
    I get the "please wait - apply configuration changes" popup which keeps running
    which brings me back to this problem.
    @ryecoaaron is it a lot of work to make that special permissions version? Or should I try to solve the underlying problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would prefer you solve the underlying problem.

• I am already using Plexpy and now I see the option to install Plexpy from the plugin.
    I would really like to know where are Plexpy gonna be installed and what ports is it gonna be using?

By the way I think it is really awesome that you have made it possible to install Plexpy through the plex plugin. Good work. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It installs to /opt/plexpy. @jhmiller gets credit for the plexpy work :)

• What a waste of time, changed to Chromium (was using firefox)) and it worked first time. Sorry about that.

• I ran into the CherryPy bug I discussed in the post before from time to time and decided to see what caused it. It stems from OpenMediaVault creating cookies that violate the RFC2109 spec, which required that cookie names follow RFC2616. Python's built in Cookie handler adheres to this spec and raises an exception when handling OMV GUI cookies. Annoyingly CherryPy only reports the first Cookie key name which makes it look like the wrong cookie is causing the problem (for example: HTTPError: (400, 'Illegal cookie name locale')).

The OMV web interface creates a couple of cookies, and one of them starting "X-OPENMEDIAVAULT-WEBGUI-"... can contain one or more illegal (according to RFC2109) forward slashes. When I point my browser to http://openmediavault:8182 chrome serves that cookie to PlexPy which uses Python's built in Cookie.py handler which raises an exception due to this "/".

This is the same cause of the error seen here: Calibre plugin causes webgui error

A quick and ugly fix for this is to edit Cookie.py (for example in /usr/lib/python2.7/Cookie.py) and add "/" to the allowed character list:
    _LegalChars = string.ascii_letters + string.digits + "!#$%&'*+-.^_`|~[color=#FF0000]/[/color]"

A better fix might be to change OMV to wrap the PHP crypt call used to generate the cookie keyname, for example:

(I didn't test this patch).

Looking at the first crypt call I think maybe I've found a more severe bug. I'm not a PHP expert, but I would guess the original code if(crypt($params['username'], $matches[1]) will always return true? This means that if someone has logged into any valid OMV account, they will not trigger notification email for any new accounts they log into. A quick way to verify this is:
    1) Clear all OMV cookies.
    2) Log into OMV with low privilege user credentials.
    3) Delete the OMV session cookie and open a new tab at the OMV login page.
    4) Log in with a high privilege account.

At this point I would expect a) High privilege account holder gets an email notifying them of the login from a new device b) There would be two active X-OPENMEDIAVAULT-WEBGUI-... cookies. Neither of these things occur, so assuming I understand the intent, I think there is a bug. I have made an attempt to address it in the patch above but it may not work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!