omv-release-upgrade 2.x to 3.0.4 (newest)

• So, everything went fine, but when I click on System Information under the Diagnostics heading in the web interface, I receive the following error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pretty sure that is fixed in svn already.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is there a way to go back to a stable release?

Nope. You either have to reinstall or hope that you do not receive errors in the future. Or you are brave enough to downgrade jessie to wheezy and erasmus to stoneburner by yourself.

The upgrade was implemented with the last update of OMV 2.x. Why do you even use "omv-release-upgrade"? Simple updates can be done via the GUI or the command "omv-update".

• So, am I permanently on the "beta" releases, or will an omv-update (when one is available) put me back in the "stable" tree?

Also, I'm almost positive I had previously used omv-release-upgrade to go from 1.x to 2.x, so that is why I ran it. as I assumed there was a "stable" release available.

• I wouldn't have upgraded either if I wasn't developing or wanted to test for real (which I wanted, so I did).

But, you could stick with it depending on which plugins and services you use. I haven't noticed many issues, aside from the ones I've created myself. List the plugins and maybe we can make an assumption of how well it work.

The error you've got is not a critical one and should be fixed. But I think I also executed /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/55devroot on the server and then rebooted. OMV will still work even if /dev/root is not there.

Edit: You will be on the stable tree automatically when OMV 3.0 is considered stable.

• I mainly use minidlna, SMB/CIFS, Bittorrent, and SSH. It's for a 4TB home NAS.

With that few plugins I wouldn't worry. I'm maintaining BitTorrent and using it daily and it should work as far as I know. Samba and SSH should also be fine to use. I don't know the state of minidlna but @ryecoaaron probably does. :)

If I was going to reinstall I would wait until 3.0 is stable if anything if I didn't have major issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't had much time to look at any more plugins. I know a bunch more need to be ported. minidlna should be easy.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• looks like the last commit already fixed this:
    http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/commit_browser - r2092

WastLJ/mods, what package was this corrected in, per the commit to SVN above? Reason I ask is that I am now on 3.0.6 openmediavault package yet am still encountering the error in the web gui. I've also tried running /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/55devroot and rebooting, but that didn't seem to make a difference either.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes that is the commit we thought fixed it. In my opinion, this isn't a big deal because it only affects people upgrading from OMV 2.x to OMV 3.0.5 or older. If you upgrade from 2.x to 3.0.6, it works fine in my experience. Just another reason we don't want people running OMV 3 yet.

Try: apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could try purging and reinstalling the package but you will lose settings.

• Should /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/55devroot build the /dev/root device file, as it doesn't seem to be. I've even went as far as checking the helper functions that are called from /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions and determined (by the following command) udevadm info --device-id-of-file=/ then readlink -f /dev/block/8:17 and finally udevadm trigger --property-match=DEVNAME=/dev/sdb1 to determine that the udevadm command is what should be building that device file, if I am to assume that's correct.

However, it doesn't seem to be.

• Actually, this doesn't look like this problem was caused by the 3.0.5 package. I went ahead and manually download the 3.0.5 package, and used dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.5_all.deb to manually install it. Even after a reboot, it did not correct the initial error.

Are we sure that error was corrected?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!