Install of beta (Erasmus) version in Odroid C1+ - Restarting services ...

• First of all thank you all for this community and piece of software.

I have an Odroid C1+ that I use to emulate old games, and I would like to use it also as a NAS. This is runing Jessie, so I added the OMV erasmus repository and installed OMV. The problem comes when apt is finishing the configuration. It hangs on "Restarting services...". OMV is installed (I can log in) but the package is not completely configured so my apt is break.

Another strange think is that ssh is down. I can activate it through web interface but once active I can not log in as before.

Any suggest on getting more useful information on how to continue is welcome.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My first suggestion would to not use OMV 3.x yet. It is still beta and probably alpha on arm devices.

Did you apt-get -f install and dpkg --reconfigure -a yet? ssh not working probably has to do with a package not finishing installing. Check the output of dpkg -l to see if there is any non-ii status packages.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks a lot for the quick reply @ryecoaaron

I know I'm in a beta/alfa version. I do not expect production stability and I'm able of fixing things I have long term experience in debian systems.
    I would use weezy if the only odroid c1 purpose would be OMV but the emulation purpose makes me use jessie so I know this is kind of an experiment.

I have of course done a dpkg --reconfigure -a and in this process is where postinstall scripts try to restart services (I don't know which ones).

If I log into omv web interface and start ssh server manually it starts asking me for a password, but only root user can access (trying with normal users result in bad login/password).

I think this should be a fair simple bug to solve (maybe it's only a service which is failing to restart) but I don't know in which log can I view which service is exactly hanging.

EDIT: This is the exact output when running dpkg --configure -a

• I have digged a bit more and it seems that is the watchdog service the one that hangs when restarted in the postinst script. In fact it hangs even if I run /etc/init.d/watchdog restart or systemctl restart watchdog

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is hard to say. You are using a different distro on your odroid than I used for the odroid images. That looks to be a much older kernel than I used in the images. So, maybe the initramfs package is much older as well.

You say simple to fix and just a bug but it may be an incompatibility. We try to use standard debian packages as much as possible. So, it may not be fixable for us. I alway advise against running a gui on the same box as omv especially on an arm device. It usually makes debugging issues like this much tougher.

If people would just wait until 3.x is stable, a lot of these problems would probably go away on their own...

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• OK. It looks that this is a bug in the watchdog package of the distro I'm currently using. It hangs when starting/restarting (no error just wait forever). I made a custom systemd unit to fake watchdog restart, so OMV now installs ok, and everything seems to work fine. Is dangerous not to have a right watchdog service running in OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Never tested that kind of watchdog scenario.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!