IPv6 and rsync

• Help,
    I'm not a complete network newbie, I'm an a Cisco CCNP and are familiar with networking. But not a super linux guru...

I have ipv6 native with my ISP (internode). I want to create an off site rsync server for photos and stuff, etc. And want to use Ipv6 cos this will just route, and yep and it's new.

So have been testing how to get this to work at home. I have a few test jobs setup and working with ipv4, using numbered ipv4 addresses in the 'source server' line item in the rsync job entry.
    eg. -> rsync://root@172.26.68.201:/test3

BUT, when I substitute the working (yes I can ssh in to the 'source' server with this address. I get a message :-
    ssh: Could not resolve hostname rsync: Name or service not known
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]

The source field looks like this ->
    eg. -> rsync://root@2001:44b6:f04:1e10::201:/test3

I have tried with and with-out addresses in the 'allowed' option on the server for the module.
    I think the problem is that an IPv6 address has ':' as the delimiter char in the address. And this confuses the parsing of the command.
    I've tried using " " around the address but have not succeeded in getting the job to run with out error.

Any ideas ?

regards,
    Stephen

• Offizieller Beitrag

Brackets are pretty common when using ipv6. You even use them in the browsers.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!