openmediavault-letsencrypt

• I don't know…

For me, I'm with a 4.14 kernel from the backports repo, which installed me certbot v0.23 as I suppose, which is running with python 3.x
    At the moment, this should work as it seems that I have the necessary packages to… but there is a mystery that I have to understand before my cert expired… :(

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK so whats the way to fix it.

OMV 3.x isn't using the same version of certbot. So, your issue is different.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV 3.x isn't using the same version of certbot. So, your issue is different.

hmmmmmmm
    so sorry but maybe i did not have a problem with this. :(
    I only want to know about the automaticly renewal of the certificate and found this post. Of course the cert may be extended manualy before it expired.
    As I understand there is a cron job for this. Maybe I have set something wrong and have to correct this.
    u are welcome to give me a little help ;)
    Is there a possibility to check this before the certificate expired?

thx

• Offizieller Beitrag

u are welcome to give me a little help
    Is there a possibility to check this before the certificate expired?

OMV 3.x and 4.x use the same version of the plugin just a different version of certbot. So, you should have a cron job here - /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-letsencrypt

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Code
    # this file was automatically generated
    @monthly root omv-rpc "LetsEncrypt" "generateCertificate" "{\"command\":\"renew\"}" >/dev/null 2>&1

Yes the code above exists under this path. So the cert should be renewed monthly as I understand, but in omv Zertifikate tab /SSL shows me that it will expire on 13.06.2018.
    Some posts above u wrote about a hint with the reneval of the certs in omv3 now I am completely distracted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes the code above exists under this path. So the cert should be renewed monthly as I understand, but in omv Zertifikate tab /SSL shows me that it will expire on 13.06.2018.
    Some posts above u wrote about a hint with the reneval of the certs in omv3 now I am completely distracted.

I guess I try to block out the 3.x version since it doesn't update the private cert when renewing. The easiest fix in OMV 3.x is to delete the cert, uninstall the plugin and then re-install it.

• I cannot reach OpenMediaVault or other services using NGinx. I tried to restart NGinx with PuTTy, but I get this error:

Code
    Jun 04 07:43:32 nas nginx[10334]: nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-81f7b250-cc5b-4220-8ce9-43b5d220dab7.key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch)

I have no idea how to fix this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no idea how to fix this?

You are probably using OMV 3.x. This is a known bug because the private key is not updated when the new cert is generated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes I am, is there a fix?

Upgrade to OMV 4.x is the best fix. Otherwise manually copying the new private cert from the letsencrypt directory to /etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-81f7b250-cc5b-4220-8ce9-43b5d220dab7.key should fix it.

• Upgrade to OMV 4.x is the best fix. Otherwise manually copying the new private cert from the letsencrypt directory to /etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-81f7b250-cc5b-4220-8ce9-43b5d220dab7.key should fix it.

Can you upgrade to 4.0 without reinstalling anything?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you upgrade to 4.0 without reinstalling anything?

Yes unless you have an omv-extras plugin that hasn't been ported to OMV 4.x. Those should be removed before upgrading.

• I don't know…

For me, I'm with a 4.14 kernel from the backports repo, which installed me certbot v0.23 as I suppose, which is running with python 3.x
    At the moment, this should work as it seems that I have the necessary packages to… but there is a mystery that I have to understand before my cert expired… :(

OK... I found the problem with the letsencrypt forum...

So, as always, it was so simple that I haven't though of it (RTFM !).

My port 80 was only opened to my internal network in the firewall, and certbot need a file to be seen globally in order to renew the certificat.
    So I opened the port 80, renew my cert and closed it after.

I have just asked if this can be done through HTTPS, else I will do the same in 90 days...

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups