Installing old version of Transmission

• I am running OMV 2.1 64bit and have OMV Extras installed. Everything is running fine, however OMV Extras comes with Transmission 2.82 and I need 2.03 or lower as thats what my current private torrent tracker suppports. Anoying yes, but such is life.

Anyways;

I tried apt-get install transmission-2.03-2 but that did not work. apt-get insatll transmission-common or -cli or - gtk all get me 2.82

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Sorry, I cant edit my post, I was doing this on the console itself so I had to retype the code.

Few mistakes in my first post

Code
    apt-cache policy transmission

was what I used.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure if it will work with the plugin but:

You may have to purge old version and you may have to specify more than one package like this.

apt-get install transmission=2.03-2

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• So

Code
    apt-get purge transmission

to clear out old transmission config files? do i have to purge transmission-daemon and -cli and -gtk and -common aswell or?

then

Code
    apt-cache policy transmission

to make sure I still have the plugin packages?

then

Code

to install 2.03?

Thank you for the help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you purge transmission, it will uninstall the plugin. So, install transmission and then install the plugin from the web interface (didn't try it though).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• The plugin is currently uninstalled, I don't care about the config files. Purge sounds best to me.

I'll try

Code

but I have a feeling it won't work as I already tried that.

So, would this make sense?

Code
    apt-cache policy transmission (verify what I have running)
    apt-get purge transmission (remove everything transmission)
    wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/transmission/transmission-daemon_2.03-2_amd64.deb (get my desired version of Transmission)
    dpkg -i transmission-daemon_2.03-2_amd64.deb (install Transmission)
    apt-cache policy transmission (verify what is currently installed)

Does that all make sense? Thanks for the help.

Doing that above, will that install it INTO OMV, or do I still have to find the new version of Transmission that I installed in my plugin list and through the OMV GUI install that Plugin?

After doing all that purge stuff, will the "OMV Extras Transmission 1.4" dissapear from my plugin list in OMV GUI? As mentioned, its already uninstalled. IE. Can I verify what version I have running by noting a different Plugin # in OMV GUI & in the CLI by looking at the policy infomation?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I should've looked at this closer. I was thinking 2.03 was in the wheezy repo. You are trying to install a squeeze package on Wheezy. This is a bad idea on only going to get worse as OMV moves to newer releases.

My suggestion is to use a VM or docker to run the older version and just use a transmission web interface.

• I also got a message yesterday about my version of Transmission. Looks like im switching to Deluge, grudgingly.

It would be good if we could pick a version to install from the plugin.

• Hi there! Great work with OMV!

I have the same problem with Gambit. I need transmission version 2.03 (which is a squeeze package) to work with my OMV 2.2 64bit. I have installed DOCKER but I don't know how to look for this transmissionbt 2.03 version. I tried search in docker but I can only find new version of trasmissionbt.

Thank you in advance!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!