Enable SSH on Gparted before first start

• I would like to shrink my system drive using the Gparted ISO in the backup plugin.
    It tells me: "SSH is not enabled by default."

As i don't have a monitor connected to my Openmediavault machine and i don't really want to move one into the cellar i am asking myself if there is a way to enable SSH before the first start via shell or modification of the ISO image?

I am guessing i would have to modify the gparted image to start with SSH enabled? Anyone did this and knows where to put hand on?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use system rescue cd, it also has gparted. And you can bring the gparted window to your network client using X11 forwarding. I know you need to modify the sshd config of system rescued once you login and restart it.
    X forwarding that should be easy in a Linux client, in OS X you need Xquartz installed, and for Windows there are options but I can't remember it now. Google is your friend.

• X11 forwarding shouldnt be a problem i guess but i need SSH access first. I have done X11 forwarding before.
    As far as i understand you, using system rescue cd i would also need a monitor connected first to change the sshd config.
    My initial question remains: is there any way to get SSH access to gparted without connecting a monitor first? So enable SSH before the first start! If it is systemrcd or gparted iso i dont care.

• Offizieller Beitrag

systemrescuecd does enable ssh. So, you can connect over ssh with x forwarding and start gparted. All without a monitor. The tab that installs systemrescuecd in the backup plugin tells you all the info you need.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!