Setting up user accounts (NEW USER) Dune smart player

• Hi everyone, I am coming back to OMV and looking at it for a possible NAS OS. I am also looking at freenas and unraid. I installed OMV successfully and it is running great. All I need to do is set up shares to feed my ISOs to my Dune smart players. No transcoding, no plugins, no anything else.

I am not very familiar with all the server, linux, user accounts, etc. And I remember all the things that confused me. Are there any guides anywhere that explain all this?

If there is anyone that would like to offer some very basic help, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. What are the steps to making the pc sleep after 30 min of inactivity? My current setup: When the Dune smart player powers up it loads yaDIS (my jukebox) which immediately pulls data from my pc (windows smb shares) which wakes the pc through the network. I would like to replicate the same setup here.

2. The hard drive power settings. I like to be green but I also have green HDDs and need the full read rate to transfer my BD ISOs across my network. What do you recommend? Is 127 intermed with spindown a good setting to use?

3. User accounts. I'm bad at this. I setup a raid5 array. I would like 3 folders: movies, stuff, video. For users, just Joe and Sam.
    movies - joe and sam
    stuff (pc backup)- just joe
    videos - (home movies) just joe.
    Should I do groups and users? Can someone walk me through this?

4. I am a bit paranoid about datarot and saw that snapriad can be used with OMV. it's one of the reasons that led me to OMV. Is it hard to set up? Is it all command line driven?

I'm going to play around a little more today after work and see what I can get done.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!