? on SMART testing parameters

• I'm a little confused about the settings for the SMART plugin.

How does the Check Interval on the Setting tab (default 1/2 hour) relate to the Scheduled Tests (default none)?

I'm guessing the Scheduled Tests are in ADDITION to tests run at the Check Interval. If so, then what level of testing is run at the Check Interval and can it be changed?

Thanks,
    Mark M

• Offizieller Beitrag

The interval is suppose to check for all smart values of every disk monitored. If there is any change in the values, OMV will notify you to your mail (in case you have setted notifications)

Scheduled tests are suppose to be disk health test. They check by stressing the disk to see if is working properly. IMO those tests are a waste of time, they can show success all the time, while you have 2000 bad sectors.

• Oh, should have figured that out - the difference between reporting values and stress testing. Duh! And I take your point re stress testing.

But where do I enable email notifications for SMART changes? The only notification options I see on the SMART settings tab are for temperature monitoring.

Thanks!
    Mark M

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!