webui email notification for every login - where to configure?

• Hello

I recently upgraded from 1.19 to OMV 2.x and immediately noticed I got email notifications every time I logged into OMVs webui. I looked around and see no way to configure or turn off this notification. I also noticed it sends to the wrong email address which results in a delivery failure from gmail. It sends to admin@server.localdamin unlike the other system notifications.

I found one other post on this but, it had no replies with a solution.
    Mail notification each time I log into Web-GUI, how to switch off?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• I have exactly this problem as well with OMV 2.1.25.

I'd expect a toggle switch on the Notifications page, but there is none.

There are two things wrong:
    1) the email is sent to the wrong email address (admin@server.localdomain)
    2) you can't turn it off entirely.

Please let us know how to disable this feature.

Thanks,
    daflow

• I see in the bugtracker that feature request 0001453 addressed the first part of the issue in this thread, where the notification is sent to the wrong address. I would like to disable this specific notification. Can this notification be disabled? If so, I haven't found it in the webui. Thank you. Amazing software. 8|

• I am bringing this up again as i am getting 8(!) email notifications every time i boot OMV. Is it possible to disable this?

Thank for your time and help.

• Apparently the email is supposed to be sent the first time a user logs in as admin from a new browser. The information whether or not a login is "first time" is stored in a cookie in the browser.

So if the email is sent on every login, there might be something wrong or incorrectly configured regarding storage of cookies for your OMV machine.

• I have this problem as well on 3.x

Set the admin email details under notifications and the test email works.

I receive UPS, login and other notifications to the defined email, but then occasionally, i am receiving

Dear admin,
    your user account was used to log in to mynas (192.168.x.x) via a web browser

the problem is, i get a failed email response with
    Your message wasn't delivered to admin@mynas.localdomain because the domain mynas.localdomain couldn't be found.

This is very weird given that it works for all other messages, but occasionally produces this for the login message.

• Exactly the same here! No idea how to change this email address.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!