How do I know that Rsync is running over SSH?

• I know that this is a silly question. Sorry, but I got no experience with SSH and Rsync.

On my testserver I enabled SSH and Rsync Server service.
    I moved my user into the SSH group.
    With Gadmin-Rsync on my netbook I setup a little sync job, using username with password.
    Gadmin uses the SSH port 22.
    The files were successfully copied to the OMV server via LAN

I am not sure if the connection was SSH protected. I would like to use this scenario later to send some
    documents to the server via internet. Does the login with username/password mean that the SSH is established during the file transfer?
    Because when I turn off the SSH service on OMV the task runs anyway with no problems.

• Thank you for the answer.

Zitat

rsync with remote transport shell is not supported for rsync jobs, only to an rsync daemon/server

Does this mean, that I have to initiate the rsync task from the rsync server with SSH and that it is not possible to start
    the rsync/SHH from client to server?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Rsync with ssh is not possible from the rsync panel in omv. At least is not straightforward way, you can read more about it here if you still want to do it.

Rsync pull from dedicated server to OMV via SSH - public keys do not work

The ideal would be to pick the ssh key from a drop down menu and omv create the task, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Also since this task are "Cron" jobs requiere zero interaction, so you need to use private keys with no passphrase and no login password.

The login password should be possible maybe using sshpass, but I haven't really try if is possible with rsync and ssh.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!