Openmediavault 3.x - Important Information!

• A new installation does not help. It seems, that the hardware does not support so many drives or running into confusion what to do.
    The last show is: Checking NVRAM, after that the cursor lightnings in the upper left corner.
    Usually at that time, it should be shown: Loading GRUB and the blue start screen comes up!

OMV Erasmus 3.0.99| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 8 TB ext. Backup Drive USB

• Since installaing and upgrading from 3.0.58 to 3.0.73 the systems runs, bit with several errors and the raid could not be mounted.

Restarting engine daemon / Socket error - connection refused - cannot
    connect to MONIT daemon (tritt auf wenn ich updaten usw. möchte)

EXT4-FS error / buffer I/O error on device SDF1 - EXT4_find_entry:1463 - comm bash: reading dir block 0
    Previous I/O error to superblock detected

If there is to much to do, I go back to 2.1.x and start again....

• Another question:
    Is there a list of all omv commands availeable? For example: omv-firstaid, omv-mkconf, omv-release-upgrade....

Btw. system seems to be fine, even the raid and the missing shared folder is back again. Actually I´m happy!

OMV Erasmus 3.0.99| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 8 TB ext. Backup Drive USB

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a list of all omv commands availeable?

Yes but you probably don't want to use most of them.... ls -al /usr/sbin/omv*

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Discription or do I have to try out each command?
    Thanks anyway....

Like I said, you don't want to use most of them. Since the idea of OMV is not to use the command line. If you don't know what they do, you most likely don't want to use or try using them. What are you trying to accomplish? The only ones I use are:

omv-mkconf ::: for writing new config files
    omv-update ::: updating the system (similar to apt-get update followed by apt-get dist-upgrade)
    omv-firstaid ::: fixing the system in various ways
    omv-release-upgrade ::: upgrading to new major version of OMV

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Keep cool, I just want to know more about....

But I´m worry why the latest release was found only on sourceforge but not on omv site directly....

Additional: how can I backup and restore the configuration of OMV? In future it saves time....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mr.President ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Keep cool, I just want to know more about....

I am. I am just trying to keep you from tinkering too much and wrecking your system.

But I´m worry why the latest release was found only on sourceforge but not on omv site directly..

Because OMV 3.x hasn't been "officially" released yet.

how can I backup and restore the configuration of OMV? In future it saves time....

You can't. You have to backup the entire OS drive. I use clonezilla.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The only ones I use are:
    omv-mkconf ::: for writing new config files
    omv-update ::: updating the system (similar to apt-get update followed by apt-get dist-upgrade)
    omv-firstaid ::: fixing the system in various ways
    omv-release-upgrade ::: upgrading to new major version of OMV

In what instance would you use omv-mkconf ? (Something practical.)

• @'ryecoaaron: thanks for your explanations :)

@'flmaxey: omv-mkconf fstab - these command has helped me to add my missing RAID. Removing some unwanted characters, save the file and finish with mount -a

@'subzero79: you´re right :) That´s the way I have done....

Something different:
    There are some other errors....
    - microcode not found in modules.dep
    - (39084, 179788) fence wait time out -> drm:uvd_v1_0_ib_test -> error radeon failed testing IB on ring 5 (-110)

The first error doesn´t touch me really.
    The second error stops my system during shutdown. With dmesg no errors were found.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You know about the other unofficial forum of OMV.... http://www.technikaffe.de
    They answer a bit faster ;)

I think I'd take answers a "bit slower" from the official OMV forum, run by the folks who actually write OMV code, than a bit faster from those who are merely speculating. I can (incorrectly) guess at what may cause OMV problems all by myself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How old are you? Please don´t waste our time and spend your´s important issues....

There is no need for that... You gave your opinion about the other forum and he gave his opinion about this forum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How old are you? Please don´t waste our time and spend your´s important issues....

Is that a question of maturity? Regardless, I'm 56 and already retired. And I'm retired, not because I had to, but because I could. (Hence, I have time to waste in any way I see fit.)

Not that it's necessary to provide a resume:
    I've been around enterprise IT (hardware and software) and other associated technologies, for more than a few years. While I'm not a Linux expert, by any stretch of the imagination, I can spot idle speculation in many technical venues. Accordingly, I see it as common sense to seek answers from those who know.

Have a good one.

• Let´s summarize....
    I have written and someone answered. In the following 3 other guys have also commented (but nothing in relation!!).
    So, please tell me, who has waste time and done shit??

Finally, these forum is my favorite. Next, in within my last posts I reported two errors and most of you has ignored!!!
    Any questions?

Have a nice evening....

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have written and someone answered. In the following 3 other guys have also commented (but nothing in relation!!).
    So, please tell me, who has waste time and done shit??

You were the only one being rude to another forum user...

Finally, these forum is my favorite. Next, in within my last posts I reported two errors and most of you has ignored!!!

I have responded to many of your posts. Neither of those two errors is an OMV problem but a general Debian or kernel problem. I responded to the radeon isssue previously but you didn't like the solution. The microcode line is a warning not an error. A quick google search turns up three good links in the first four results that are on Debian's page and probably a better source than here.

• I´m sorry, but it seems I have missread your postings regarding radeon.
    But if you meant your solution to blacklist the driver, that´s no way for me.
    With dmesg the driver is starting without any error, the error comes only during shutdown.
    Anyway, please be so kind and forward to YOUR issue....

The microcode post doesn´t hurt me and I know that is an debian issue.

At least I never have said, that OMV is responsible for these or most other errors.

I was rude? Seems to be really funny.... (head shaking)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!