Openmediavault 3.x - Important Information!

• echo "blacklist radeon" > /etc/modprobe.d/noradeon.conf
    reboot or rmmod radeon

Done. But as I said before, the screen resolution has been changed to lower VGA.
    Even as I said several times before.... the radeon driver starts without any errors, but during shutdown the error comes up.
    In which config I can change the resolution basicly?

OMV Erasmus 3.0.99| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 8 TB ext. Backup Drive USB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mr.President ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

But as I said before, the screen resolution has been changed to lower VGA.
    Even as I said several times before.... the radeon driver starts without any errors, but during shutdown the error comes up.
    In which config I can change the resolution basicly?

The only other option I know of is to install the closed source radeon drivers.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In etc/default/grub I can change the resolution, therefor I close these issue and thank everyone for their support :)

Within omv-extras, which of these repos I should activate?

OMV Erasmus 3.0.99| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 8 TB ext. Backup Drive USB

• Offizieller Beitrag

Within omv-extras, which of these repos I should activate?

I keep the regular omv-extras and testing repos enabled. You might use other plugins not in the repos though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• There is quit no need to activate repos or more....

Btw, microcode error reports by blacklistet in file: /etc/modprobe.d/amd64-microcode-blacklist.conf

• I would like to save my deleted files at all into a recycle bin.
    During the last re-installation these feature has bee removed.

How can I re-create these feature? Thank for help....

07:14h
    Solved: /etc/samba/smb.conf

vfs objects = recycle (ativate recycle bin)
    recycle:keepree = yes (keep folder/file structure)
    recycle:versions = yes (don´t overwrite same file, numerate them)

restart: /etc/init.d/samba restart to take effect changes

All other commands are sensless or are not neccessary.
    Here the link: http://www.gtkdb.de/index_33_1419.html

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mr.President ()

• It's still possible to configure a recycle bin in the smb section of the webui (omv v3.0.74). I did it yesterday.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Solved: /etc/samba/smb.conf

You should not alter this file because it is overwritten if you make a samba change the next time. Try it! You can configure it directly in the WebUI like @hoppel118 wrote.
    Or you can change also /etc/default/openmediavault. There are some keys you can change or add also for SAMBA. A list of all keys is also available. Please search in the forum. After a change you have to do
    omv-mkconf samba and to restart the Samba service.

Btw: Changing this file is the only way I found to enable recycle bin for User Home directories.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• I´m sorry, but nothing will be overwritten in smb.conf after a reboot.
    If it do so in your configuration, it will be quit dreadful and you should check it.

Even I don´t use home directories, I use myx cube only for data serving....

However, after a restart Samba work absolutely fine incl. the recycle bin :)

hoppel118: you´re right. But usually you don´t have a GUI on a server system....

• nothing will be overwritten in smb.conf after a reboot.

That is correct. But when Volker (the developer) changes something or there is a smb update, changes will be overwritten. So it is better to make changes via WebUI (at the samba settings page) or juse the standard recycle bin as intended...

• You´re also right.
    Using the WebGUI it will be too easy and If changes comes along, I already know what to do ;)
    Also you have to go to "add share" to activate the recycle bin.

Standard recycle bin??

• but nothing will be overwritten in smb.conf after a reboot.

I didn´t write something is overwritten after reboot. But if you make samba configuration changes (e.g. add 'vfs objects ='-entries or activate the recycle bin in "add share") in the WebUI, which effects the smb.conf then your manual changes are overwritten.

Standard recycle bin??

Yes, that´s the recycle bin button in the share settings.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

if you make samba configuration changes (e.g. add 'vfs objects ='-entries or activate the recycle bin in "add share") in the WebUI, which effects the smb.conf then your manual changes are overwritten.

In addition to that, editing the shared folder used in samba and giving another user permissions would overwrite the smb.conf.

• However, let´s stop here.
    It works and that was the main topic.
    Again, ususally you don´t have any WebGUI....

• Offizieller Beitrag

However, let´s stop here.
    It works and that was the main topic.
    Again, ususally you don´t have any WebGUI....

The comments aren't only for you. They are for people who read this thread and do the same thing. Then wonder why their system keeps changing.

• Again, ususally you don´t have any WebGUI....

But this is openmediavault. Here we have a WebGUI. ;)

Have a nice evening! Bye Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Sure i didnt see the notes "dont upgrade from 2.x to 3.x via omv-upgrade"
    So i went from 1.9 to latest 3.x via omv-upgrade.... bad things happen :/

Now ofc i get this error with omv-engined -d -f:

Code
    PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/backup.inc on line 19

Is there any way to get this fixed? It seems that everything is running fine.

- tvheadend
    - dropbox
    - all shares
    - mysql

everything seems to work but the weblogin doesnt. i dont want to reinstall everything.. i spent very much time with the installation cause i am not so good at linux...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!