Announcement Openmediavault 3.x - Important Information!

• ok, webgui is working now, but im stoped on login error:

Source Code

1. Login
      2. Error
      3. Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
      4. Error #0:
      5. exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138
      6. Stack trace:
      7. #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
      8. #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
      9. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      10. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
      11. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
      12. #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
      13. #6 {main}
      Display All
      omv 2.2 on lenovo thinkpad R61 :thumbup:
    • Dropkick Murphy wrote:

I think you should dump all plugins beginning with 1.x
      done, all 1.x plugins removed, now am i on logon loop, no error messages, just kicked back to login prompt

update:
      i managed to catch following error during login -

root@openmediavault:~# omv-engined[3248]: Child process forked (pid=3248)
      omv-engined[3248]: Executing RPC (service=UserMgmt, method=authUser, params={"username":"admin","password":"openmediavault"}, context={"username":"admin","role":1,"_SERVER":{"SERVER_PROTOCOL":"HTTP\/1.1","GATEWAY_INTERFACE":"CGI\/1.1","SERVER_SOFTWARE":"nginx\/1.6.2","REMOTE_ADDR":"192.168.1.187","REMOTE_PORT":"51541","SERVER_ADDR":"192.168.1.80","SERVER_PORT":"80","SERVER_NAME":"openmediavault-webgui","REDIRECT_STATUS":"200","HTTP_HOST":"192.168.1.80","HTTP_ORIGIN":"http:\/\/192.168.1.80","HTTP_USER_AGENT":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/56.0.2924.87 Safari\/537.36","HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE":"application\/json","HTTP_REFERER":"http:\/\/192.168.1.80\/"}}) ...
      omv-engined[3248]: RPC response (service=UserMgmt, method=authUser): {"response":{"authenticated":true,"username":"admin"},"error":null}
      omv-engined[3241]: SIGCHLD received ...
      omv-engined[3241]: Child (pid=3248) terminated with exit code 0

UPDATE 2:

PLEASE DELETE MY POSTS, I RESTORED MY SYSTEM BACK TO OMV 2.2 ... I will gather all info about my system and will make a new post in UPGRADE section, if someone could help me then how correctly upgrade my system will be nice, thank you guys for any help.
      omv 2.2 on lenovo thinkpad R61 :thumbup:

The post was edited 3 times, last by Mio ().

• Does anyone have an idea when the "remote share" plug-in will be added to 3.X for the RPI? That's the only thing preventing me from adopting 3.x, and doing a bit of testing on the URbackup plugin.

But note, I'm being patient! (This is just curiosity.)

Thanks to all for the good work.
      OMV 3.0.68 Erasmus
      R-PI 2 B+ $29 / 8GB SD Card $6 / Real Time Clock $1.86
      4TB WD My Passport (External) $119
      1TB WD internal (Laying around)
      USB 2 EZ-Dock (Dusty but still functional)

I have a LOT invested in this!
    • subzero79 wrote:

The plugin Is called now remote mount
      I'll keep that in mind but:

After checking again, I didn't find a plugin with "remote" (anything) in its' name, in the most recent build for the Raspberry PI which is 3.0.59

Thanks
      OMV 3.0.68 Erasmus
      R-PI 2 B+ $29 / 8GB SD Card $6 / Real Time Clock $1.86
      4TB WD My Passport (External) $119
      1TB WD internal (Laying around)
      USB 2 EZ-Dock (Dusty but still functional)

I have a LOT invested in this!
    • flmaxey wrote:

After checking again, I didn't find a plugin with "remote" (anything) in its' name, in the most recent build for the Raspberry PI which is 3.0.59
      It is in the omv-extras testing repo because it still needs some attention on ftp mounts.
      omv 3.0.70 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.9 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 3.4.25
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Hello from Greece!
      I am fairly new to openmediavault and I am loving it so far!
      Just one question.
      Is there a place where I can report bugs for OMV 3.x ?

One thing I noticed is that the title for the menu on the left is empty....

Take care and keep up the good work.

PS If you need help with the Greek Translation let me know.
    • New

If you have still 2.x, you have to upgrade through CLI via omv-release-upgrade Please make sure first that you do not have any incompatible plugin installed. (if you are not sure, you can give us a dpkg -l | grep openm)
      OMV stoneburner | HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
      OMV erasmus| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive
    • New

I´m a bit confused why we discuss here in english....

However, someone has told me, that an upgrade from 2.x to 3.x is quit not possible.

Here the result of "dpkg -l | grep openm"
      - openmediavault 2.2.13
      - openmediavault-clamav 2.1
      - openmediavault-keyring 0.3

Thanks for help....
      OMV Erasmus 3.0.72 | HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 4TB Backup Drive
    • New

Mr.President wrote:

I´m a bit confused why we discuss here in english....

However, someone has told me, that an upgrade from 2.x to 3.x is quit not possible.

Here the result of "dpkg -l | grep openm"
      - openmediavault 2.2.13
      - openmediavault-clamav 2.1
      - openmediavault-keyring 0.3

Thanks for help....
      is possible if you de-install all plugings, and reinstall, once upgrade is done and works fine.

I'll do it and works fine.

2.2.4: update to 2.2.12 or upgrade to 3.x? and is there a recomended procedure for NOT breaking OMV on that way?
      OMV 3.0.24 (OMVExtrasorg 3.3.4) x64 on a ASUS P5Q WS installed on a 40GB old 2,5" disk, 8 GB RAM, CPU Intel Q9400, MergerFS of 8xSAMSUNG HD203WI (2TB) =14,33TB Usable

The post was edited 1 time, last by raulfg3: add links ().

• New

Mr.President wrote:

So, the only plugin I have to uninstall would be "clamav", correct?
      And what could be happens, if don´t?
      Happens nothing if the plugging is ported to OMV3 and a blank screen if is not ported to OMV3.

In your case do not doubt, uninstall it, is only one, I need to de-install 8 pluggings to be sure that upgrade works fine.
      OMV 3.0.24 (OMVExtrasorg 3.3.4) x64 on a ASUS P5Q WS installed on a 40GB old 2,5" disk, 8 GB RAM, CPU Intel Q9400, MergerFS of 8xSAMSUNG HD203WI (2TB) =14,33TB Usable
    • New

Actually I have a big copy job running.
      If it has finished, I uninstall clamav, upgrade to 3.x and install clamav plugin again....

What about backport? What is the main topic of that plugin?
      OMV Erasmus 3.0.72 | HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM | 20GB Intel SSD | 5 x 1TB in RAID5 | 4TB Backup Drive
    • New

Mr.President wrote:

Actually I have a big copy job running.
      If it has finished, I uninstall clamav, upgrade to 3.x and install clamav plugin again....

What about backport? What is the main topic of that plugin?
      do you ask about backport kernells?.

If yes, you do not need it, because OMV use latest 4.9 kernell
      Images
      • 1.jpg

10.46 kB, 367×72, viewed 11 times
    • New

@ryecoaaron: When it really does, it makes me happy :)

Update to 3.0.71 has been completed successfully, but something went wrong:
      - missing update management
      - missing plugins

For more details please watch out the attached snapshots....
      Installing plugins force the same error as snapshot1 shows.

Everything else seems to be fine, a reboot was done.

Snapshot 3 shows more details. It seems to be an DNS error. Happens mostly during an update, should be fixed soon.

Any ideas, guys?
      Files

The post was edited 4 times, last by Mr.President ().