Is it possible to install handbrake-cli on omv?

• Is this possible?

I tried the command apt-get install hndbrake-cli and I got

• Offizieller Beitrag

You must have some extra repos enabled. What is the output of apt-cache policy handbrake-cli

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The wheezy backports version of handbrake needs backports version of the libraries. I would go with suibzero's approach of using docker.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Ok, I will try to do that method.

One last thing, I ran the following command

Code
    sudo apt-get install subversion yasm build-essential autoconf libtool zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev libxml2-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libsamplerate-dev libfribidi-dev libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig1-dev libass-dev libmp3lame-dev libx264-dev intltool libglib2.0-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev libgtk-3-dev libgudev-1.0-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev libnotify-dev libappindicator-dev libtheora-dev

In order to get the dependencies I thought I would need, is there anything there that would hurt OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't think so.

• I think this could be done but it would be hard to maintain. It is not really worth it given it is cli too. Nothing that would integrate with the Web GUI. So Docker is probably best solution.

• Hi, I would like to use handbrake on my OMV. I never used docker, though. Is there a guide somewhere? Did I understand correctly that the usage of handbrake without docker is probably making trouble because I would have to activate repos that then would maybe complicate the original OMV installation in an unnecessary way?

Thanks,
    Ben

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!