cant access OMV

• Ok so I really screwed this up. I was attempting to get my OMV to work with WebDav, FTP so I could access files from the internet. I really screwed up. I cannot access the OMV from local network or Putty (Network error, Connection refused) is there any way to save this? years of data on it.

Thanks

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @920 2.67GHz
    Linux 5.4.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

• Did you changed something in the configuration of your router? Check there first to see if your OMV has a valid IP address. Then, if you can't access it from the network, can you maybe try to access it directly? That is, plug a monitor and a keyboard to your OMV server and check if SSH is running and try to deactivate the FTP and WebDav plugins. I really doubt that the data is gone, don't worry.

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

• Thanks for the reply Eryan.
    I will check all of that when I get back had to go out.
    Thanks again
    Drew

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

• Ok so i logged in at the OMV and was able to restart ( service ssh restart ) SSH, and yes I can access over PuTTY. I still cant access WebGui but I will get there.

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

• If the memory doesn't fail me, that might be an issue with your browser. Your server is reachable (PuTTY works). So, I would suggest to try to access the WebGui with another browser/device or, if that's not possible, clear the cookies of your browser and try again.

If that does not work do the basic troubleshooting: restart the server and give it a go.

If that still doesn't work, run OMV first aid from the command line and try to repair the WebGui from there.

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

• I just tried to login through Microsoft Edge and yes I logged in to the gui, I tried again through Chrome, no luck even though I got rid of all disabled SSl.
    Ill keep picking at it any thoughts let me know.
    Thanks Eryan

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von drewgost ()

• Clear the cookies of chrome, that should do the trick.

No prob, glad to help.

Custom mini-ITX build

• Clear the cookies of chrome, that should do the trick.

Thanks again Eryan :thumbup: all back to normal, I will start over carefully to get ownCloud working over the internet

5.3.9-1 (Usul)
    1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 > OMV
    3 x 2TB WD Red (Raid 5)
    1 4TB WD External Drive

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!