{HELP} The partition running OMV keeps getting filled up

• I've been running OMV for about a two months now. In the last fews days, I started getting error that the disk which OMV is running on get completely full.

I am running OMV as a virtual machine in ESXi. The OMV VMDK is 16GB and it is on a physical SSD. I have another 4 drives in my server, all EXT4, a total of about 6TB. Last I checked the fullest one had about 30% free. When this first happened i was running CouchPotato so i assumed it was writing to the wrong disk and therefore filling up the OMV VMDK and not the actual drive it was supposed to. I reverted to an earlier snapshot and the issue was gone. I then just let the server sit for about 4 days and the same thing happened. I haven't ran any downloads or added any data to any of the drives.

The error I get from ESXI is this:

Message from batman.home: There is no more
    space for virtual disk
    /vmfs/volumes/5690800c-eb7bf402-e4ae-d0509-
    98692cf/OpenMediaVault2/OpenMediaVault2_5--
    000001.vmdk. You might be able to continue this
    session by freeing disk space on the relevant
    volume, and clicking button.retry. Click
    button.abort to terminate this session.
    info
    2/2/2016 4:11:49 PM
    OpenMediaVault
    User

I just ran df -h and it looks like somehow all the drives are filled to capacity. [Screenshot](http://i.imgur.com/PvinhsN.png) Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to look inside the vmdk to see what's eating up all this space? This seems like a bug but I am not sure if it's with ESXi or OMV

• I made some progress but I am not entirely sure exactly what I did. I tried to remove some of the attached drives from the OMV virtual machine and then start it. The OMV VM then booted without a problem and it looks like all my drives are there and have the actual free space.

I realized that df -h is showing 100% because the VMDKs themselves take up 100% of the drive's space. I found a tool called RVTools which shows that the drives have a lot of free space (matching the free space that OMV itself reports). http://imgur.com/a/TeTr2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!