rsnapshot every 2 hours

• Hi

I have rsnapshot configured to keep 48 hourly, 14 daily, ... jobs
    unfortunately I nearly get no daily jobs, because checking the difference what to update takes >1h, so most of the time rsnapshot stops "PID file exists and so does process" or something like that.

if I change the openmediavault-rsnapshot file in the hourly line from
    5 * * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot hourly
    to
    5 */2 * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot hourly
    it should run every 2 hours.

So there are 2 questions
    1) will my manual settings be overwritten more or less "automatically" by any action (i.e. adding another job in the GUI)?
    2) Could (eventually, perhaps, please, some days, may be :saint: ) this be set by GUI so no need to manual change (which could be overwritten)?

And _IF_ something is changed in the GUI, could there be an option of verbosity level? So we do not get 23 emails a day of successful execution and oversee the 1 with the warning/error

This would be great!
    Obelix

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - You changed the cron entry. That will only be overwritten by installing a new version of the plugin.
    2 - Your change is pretty simple to do manually. It would be a lot of work to add to the plugin (time I don't have).

I have looked a the email issue and haven't found a good solution. Most email clients have filters/rules that could automatically delete the successful emails and keep the warning/error emails. I have to do a lot of that at work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!