Cannot remove openmediavault-roundcube, openmediavault-mysql, no webgui, ssh accessible and Nginx cannot start.

• Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct section for posting. This is my first time partaking in a forum. I am facing various problems.I installed roundcube and all sorts of weirdness began. Before I (foolishly) rebooted the server, I received error 4000. One problem is that Nginx won't start and Nginx.conf test failed. Any time I try to make modifications to packages such as

There is an error code.

I have also tried dpkg -l | grep openmediavault which gives me this

If I try dpkg -l | grep mysql

Code
    dpkg -l | grep mysql
    ii  libdbd-mysql-perl                                           4.021-1+b1                    amd64        Perl5 database interface to the MySQL database
    ii  libmysqlclient18:amd64                                      5.5.47-0+deb7u1               amd64        MySQL database client library
    ii  mysql-client-5.5                                            5.5.47-0+deb7u1               amd64        MySQL database client binaries
    ii  mysql-common                                                5.5.47-0+deb7u1               all          MySQL database common files, e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf
    ii  mysql-server                                                5.5.47-0+deb7u1               all          MySQL database server (metapackage depending on the latest version)
    ii  mysql-server-5.5                                            5.5.47-0+deb7u1               amd64        MySQL database server binaries and system database setup
    ii  mysql-server-core-5.5                                       5.5.47-0+deb7u1               amd64        MySQL database server binaries
    rH  openmediavault-mysql                                        2.1                           all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.

The OMV Webserver does not work although other services do. All I get is a page saying "It works!"

If I try to start nginx with service nginx start, this is the output

Code
    service nginx start
    Starting nginx: nginx: [emerg] "client_max_body_size" directive invalid value in /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/openmediavault-webdav.conf:3
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Please help, I have reached a dead end and no other forum post that I have read has helped.

"It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one." -George Washington

Current OMV Server Configuration: 8GB Avexir DDR4 Ram, Pentium G4400 Dual Core CPU, Corsair CS550M Power Supply, Fractal Design Core 1100, 2X2 TB WD RE4 HDD, MSI B150M-PRO VD, 2X ISTARUSA 5.25 to Hot Swap Drive Trays.

• This is the output of apt-cache policy nginx

Code
    apt-cache policy nginx
    nginx:
      Installed: 1.2.1-2.2+wheezy3
      Candidate: 1.2.1-2.2+wheezy3
      Version table:
     *** 1.2.1-2.2+wheezy3 0
            500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
            500 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/main amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Thanks for the assistance @subzero79

Current OMV Server Configuration: 8GB Avexir DDR4 Ram, Pentium G4400 Dual Core CPU, Corsair CS550M Power Supply, Fractal Design Core 1100, 2X2 TB WD RE4 HDD, MSI B150M-PRO VD, 2X ISTARUSA 5.25 to Hot Swap Drive Trays.

• Ok so I tried accessing the webgui in a different web browser and there is no connection. Shares and services are still working. This is the output of service apache2 status

Code
    service apache2 status
    Apache2 is NOT running.

This confirms that the problem is not related to apache2 but I still do not know how to repair the server. Here is the output of service nginx status

Code
    service nginx status
    nginx is not running ... failed!

• This is the output of omv-showkey webdav

Code
    omv-showkey webdav
        <webdav>
          <enable>1</enable>
          <sharedfolderref>07312a05-b635-4ece-97b8-4d5430932819</sharedfolderref>
        </webdav>

• @subzero79, my server's webgui does not work, I cannot access it. This all started after I installed roundcube /mySQL and figured that the service would not fit my needs so I uninstalled it. The WebGUI for Plex is still working if that is of any use to indicate the problem.

• This is the output of apt-get purge openmediavault-webdav

If i try to remove a package, there is an error. Sorry to ask this but I am a linux Noob and do not know how to browse a folder. What command would I use to browse for /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/? cd maybe?

• @subzero79 I removed the webdav.conf and started nginx. Thankfully you have restored my ability to login and edit items. I am in deep gratitude to you. Shall I do a test reboot to ensure the system is fully working?

• I rebooted and everything worked correctly. Thank you very much to @subzero79 for assisting me in repairing openmediavault.

• @subzero79 This is the result of apt-get purge openmediavault-webdav

• This is the output of apt-get -f install

Code
    apt-get -f install
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

From this code it seems that there is nothing left to repair. Only 1 package to upgrade. Thank you @subzero79.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!