Configuring root drive with flash memory plugin

• Hi everyone,
    I'm glad to be a new member of your community :)
    I recently build my first NAS with a Q1900-ITX board, a 12V-8A picoPSU, 4x 4To WD blue HDD (using idle3-tools to disable head parking) and recycled 4Go ram from old laptop.
    I've made a ext4 partition on top of luks encrypted RAID5. Openmediavault seems to work like a charm, I think I'm going to adopt it :)

Since I've decided to install the system on a USB key for now (maybe I'll upgrade to msata in the future), I wanted to install flash memory plugin.
    I've done the manual modifications of /etc/fstab as adviced by the plugin.
    I rebooted without problem, however I'm not sure it's well configured :

The plugin configuration page give me "root : /dev/sda1" but my root drive change to sde since the installation.

Is that a problem ? Is there a way to manually change this configuration ?

Thanks for your help

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, it isn't a problem. It is only used for the data written display in the plugin. It won't affect anything else. You can edit in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml but be careful. I planned on fixing that in the OMV 3 version of the plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks ryecoaaron for this quick and comforting reply.
    I 'm not yet aware of the details of your plugin... for a better understanding what do you mean by the "data written display" ?
    Thanks

Edit : I've edited /etc/openmediavault/config.xml as you suggested, and after reboot "root" is "/dev/sde1" and "write kbyte" seems now activated. Good... even if I don't know what it means

• Offizieller Beitrag

That display is the amount of data written to the root drive since the last reboot.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!