Configuring root drive with flash memory plugin

• OMV 2.x
    • Configuring root drive with flash memory plugin

Hi everyone,
      I'm glad to be a new member of your community :)
      I recently build my first NAS with a Q1900-ITX board, a 12V-8A picoPSU, 4x 4To WD blue HDD (using idle3-tools to disable head parking) and recycled 4Go ram from old laptop.
      I've made a ext4 partition on top of luks encrypted RAID5. Openmediavault seems to work like a charm, I think I'm going to adopt it :)

Since I've decided to install the system on a USB key for now (maybe I'll upgrade to msata in the future), I wanted to install flash memory plugin.
      I've done the manual modifications of /etc/fstab as adviced by the plugin.
      I rebooted without problem, however I'm not sure it's well configured :

The plugin configuration page give me "root : /dev/sda1" but my root drive change to sde since the installation.

Is that a problem ? Is there a way to manually change this configuration ?

Thanks for your help
    • No, it isn't a problem. It is only used for the data written display in the plugin. It won't affect anything else. You can edit in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml but be careful. I planned on fixing that in the OMV 3 version of the plugin.
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Thanks ryecoaaron for this quick and comforting reply.
      I 'm not yet aware of the details of your plugin... for a better understanding what do you mean by the "data written display" ?
      Thanks

Edit : I've edited /etc/openmediavault/config.xml as you suggested, and after reboot "root" is "/dev/sde1" and "write kbyte" seems now activated. Good... even if I don't know what it means

The post was edited 1 time, last by Davy39 ().

• That display is the amount of data written to the root drive since the last reboot.
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!