[REQUEST] Disable Ext4lazyinit

• Hi,
    After my first OMV installation, I noticed an annoying cranking from my HDD every second. I was even afraid that there may have been damaged during transportation...
    Using iotop, I realized it was coming from ext4lazyinit process.
    After a look on internet, I learned that it was coming from the way ext4 formating is done by default... it takes days to be finished !
    This annoying behaviour could be override by using lazy_itable_init=0,lazy_journal_init=0 parameters for mkfs.
    It takes a little longer, but then the file system initialisation is definitively done.

What do you think about that being default OMV behaviour, or at least an option ?

• I'm having the same issue right now. My new drives get accessed every few seconds. I was really scared that something is broken, but then I've found out that the ext4lazyinit seems to be writing on the drives. I have used the "iotoP" package to check the drive access. This "feature" is very annoying and will probably take some days...

Sadly, I've created the RAID in OMV 2 and afterwards moved to OMV 3. Now ext4lazyinit keeps my drives buys :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Already disabled in OMV 3.x... bug report

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!