Web Interface stops working after a few seconds

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Web Interface stops working after a few seconds

Hello,
      everything worked fine until i wanted to change the network adapter.
      My OnBoard LAN is the new Intel I219 NIC. For the installation I used another Intel NIC (a pretty old one) and installed the latest backport kernel.
      Now I am not able access the webinterface anymore.
      I also tried to switch back to the other NIC but it doesn`t work either.

Everything else ist working (SSH, Plex, Teamspeak ...) perfectly without any issues.

I got the following problem:
      After er restart the Server i can access the web interface and I am also able to log in. But after a few seconds it is loading and loading and loading. After a minute I get pop up messages like "connection fauliure" and I cant access the interface anymore. If I reload the page I usually get a simple error message "network timeout". But sometimes I also get the message "Error 504 - Gateway timed-out ... nginx"
      I cant make any changes in the web gui. After I want to apply a change the web gui is loading endless again.

Firewall is disabled btw.
    • Login via SSH and execute the following CLI commands:

Source Code

1. # monit stop omv-engined
      2. # omv-engined -d -f

After that login via WebGUI and check the omv-engined command coutput.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • try too to use from CLI omv-firstaid and assing NIC and configure it, this recreate config and perhaps clean some garbage from your nic intechanges.
      OMV 3.0.84 x64 on a HP T510, 32GB SSD 2,5" disk, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
    • votdev wrote:

Login via SSH and execute the following CLI commands:

Quellcode (2 Zeilen)

After that login via WebGUI and check the omv-engined command coutput.

If I try to apply a change:

Source Code

1. Executing RPC (service=WebGui, method=setSettings, params={"port":80,"timeout":0,"enablessl":false,"sslcertificateref":"","sslport":443,"forcesslonly":false}, context={"username":"admin","role":1}) ...
      2. Child process forked (pid=11396)
      3. Executing RPC (service=Config, method=isDirty, params=null, context={"username":"admin","role":1}) ...
      4. Child process forked (pid=11399)

If I try to repair my NIC:

Source Code

1. Configuring network interface. Please wait ...
      2. {"response":null,"error":{"code":7001,"message":"Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc:135\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMVRpc::exec('Network', 'setEthernetIfac...', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}
      3. Failed to execute RPC (service=Network, method=setEthernetIface)
    • Are you using the backports 3.16 kernel? You can install it with omv-extras. This kernel is the same default kernel that OMV 3.x will use.
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Are you using the backports 3.16 kernel? You can install it with omv-extras. This kernel is the same default kernel that OMV 3.x will use.

Yes Iam using the current 3.16 backports kernel.
      Is there something else which I have to configure? Or can I just unplug the cable from my PCIe NIC and put it into my OnBoard NIC?
      Because this crashed my whole system :S