"Set and forget" NAS software?

• I'm using a Synology NAS right now and im looking to build my own NAS to get more drives (and save a few bucks) and looking through the different NAS software they all seem good but whats the easiest when coming from a Synology? Since i have 8TB of content it would be nice just to plug the harddrives in without deleting everything on them first. I dont care if its running on windows, its own OS, linux or whatever as long as easy to setup and maintain is the keyword.

I'm going to use some sort of online backup (just need to figure out what first) so that my content can be auto backupped whenver i add new content and then it needs to get synced into another synology NAS.

Hope you can give some advice :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Synology is linux so OMV should be able to read the drives (Windows won't be able to).

There is a topic on Crashplan setup in this forum. There is no plugin but it can be done. Syncing to another NAS should be no problem using rsync.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• My advice it is worth it to run OMV. But don't expect to just set it and forget. And be willing to improve your linux/debian skills. If you are willing to do those things you will be very happy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!