Web GUI writing transmission config to wrong place

• I have installed OMV 3.0 on a new build (I had to use 3.0 because it's Skylake platform and 2.0 kernel didn't support my onboard NIC).

When I make changes to Transmission using the GUI it writes to a /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json, but the actual daemon when it runs loads it's config from /var/lib/transmission-daemon/settings.json.

It's not a big deal because I just stop the daemon with service transmission-daemon stop, then cp the config file into the correct place and start the service again, but I would like to fix it.

If someone knows how I can make Transmission load the correct file that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have installed OMV 3.0 on a new build (I had to use 3.0 because it's Skylake platform and 2.0 kernel didn't support my onboard NIC)

The omv 3.0 kernel is the same as the wheezy backport kernel omv 2.0 (3 .16), you could've just asked here, unless you're using backport kernel from jessie, which is 4.3 ATM that's another story.

When I make changes to Transmission using the GUI it writes to a /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json, but the actual daemon when it runs loads it's config from /var/lib/transmission-daemon/settings.json

Transmission writes to this file /var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json which is a symlink to /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json, you can verify with transmission-remote HOST:PORT -n user:pass -si and the symlink well just go to the dir.

It's not a big deal because I just stop the daemon with service transmission-daemon stop, then cp the config file into the correct place and start the service again, but I would like to fix it.

The plugin has full control of the settings, why are you changing settings via text editor? if there is a bug with the plugin report it at https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/, there was a typo fix just a few days ago maybe try that if that fixes your problem.

• Thanks. I was totally new to OMV until my crash course till 2 am the morning after I built the NAS, so I didn't know about the backport kernel. I'm not really one to read instructions until I get stuck.

I wasn't actually editing settings.json with a text editor, just copying the file from one place to another so the correct config was in the correct place to be loaded when transmission-daemon is started.

The symlink is not present on my system, so that is probably all I need to correct before the web GUI can configure the settings properly.

Thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!