vmware installation + remote share + ACL -- > owncloud 8 + alternative setup.

• Hi All,

A bit of backgound story :
    A while ago I installed OMV with owncloud on a raspberry pi 2. (USB drive attached)
    For this purpose I used the guide in this tread :
    Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach
    This is working.

Because the interaction with the system felt sluggish I decided to run another OMV & owncloud,.. this time on my windowsbased HTPC in a VMWARE environment.
    The HTPC is a machine with 2 harddisk in it. The first is 500Gb and is used for the windows OS and now also holds the "OMV vmware OS " (stored in a single file)
    The other harddisk is contains my media files and is NTFS.
    I didn't use partitions.

In order to install owncloud I need to have a seperate disk/filesystem. -- > share folders option
    For this purpose I added an usb stick and mounted it --> it's UID is visible under / media.
    It has been formatted as Ext4.
    The second step I did was to manually add a mount towards the windows file system
    //192.168.1.50/d 3.7T 1.1T 2.6T 29% /media/fdd3b9f6-03bb-4e1d-93ea-8059325b6083/share

This also is working and I can write to the system as root.
    The idea is to add a mount towards to windows system so all files processed by owncloud end up on the windows system harddisk.
    In the manual mentioned earlier (on owncloud) one needs to create a shared folder and use ACL to alter the rights.

This is where I get stuck.
    Via the ACL I need to set permission but when doing so ,.. the GUI keeps on applying the changes ,..
    after logging out and in again it stops.
    However : without applying the ACL.

In another case I got an error message.
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclFsnzEr' -- '/media/fdd3b9f6-03bb-4e1d-93ea-8059325b6083/share/BACKUP

The windows drive has been shared with read/write for everyone.

My questions :
    Is this logic of using a usb drive to create a mount for owncloud the way to go ,..--> As I need to follow the steps in the manual ?
    Any ideas on how to solve these issues ?

All and any help appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!