Filebot plugin / script - several questions

• Not a Plugin, i got a, very complex, script for filebot. What are you looking for precisely?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Not a Plugin, i got a, very complex, script for filebot. What are you looking for precisely?

Greetings
    David

Well After my download is done I ask Couch Potato to move the file to another drive at /media/otherdrive/movies/movie (year)/then, rename it to [movie (year)]... So far so good... but couch potato doesn't do a good job on subtitles and sometimes moves other than just the moviefile.... I've wanted to leave couch potato only for managing the download and the creation of folder called movie (year) and the moving of movie file (only that file), renaming and looking for subtitles to file-bot to do.... Or even just the subtitles... I'm Brazilian and couch potato doesn't support Brazilian Portuguese Subtitles for some reason!!!!

• enaming and looking for subtitles to file-bot to do....

Uhhhh, I have no support for subs in my script, yet. Have a look over here https://github.com/davidh2k/PostProcessing, especially the config file to get a rough idea about my script (Config file is very well commented, the actual script not so well). Filebot has some standardized scripts built-in (you can peek at their forums for those), but I went all-in and wrote my own script (since my media storing doesn't fit into those default scripts).

I'd be able to add the fetching for subtitles, if you just point me to the neccessary stuff for it - if you think the script could be of any help for you.

To summarize my script:

• PostProcess both Movies and TV Shows
      • Every arbitrary Filepath is supported, however it may be troublesome to set it up
      • You can set seperately setup Folder/Filename Syntax for both TV Shows and Movies
      • Set the database you wanne use, i.e. thetvdb/themoviedb
      • Stereo Filter for Movies - to sort out the movies that were upped with bad audio
      • "Caller Scripts" for SABnzb/nzbget to explicity call to move the file as TV Show (native/second lang) or Movie (native/second lang)
    • Dual Language Support
      • You can use the script for two languages - I'm postprocessing german and english stuff to different folders and slightly additonal syntax for DL stuff
      • The only thing I lack on Dual Language support is that you have to set the language for tv shows - you can't set it seperately (i store movies with german titles, tv shows with english episode titles)
      • Use of the recursive, non-strict matching and override if you wish to
    • Permission Fixer - sometimes necessary if a file doesn't want to be moved, so i tend to fix permissions upfront
    • Support for 'remote sync' - I use it to mirror current Seasons to my
    • Kodi Library update
      • Even allows to clean the library on update

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Well David you gotta a pretty darn good script there... I noticed this thing about permissions as well... trying to figure it out that too...

But I don't wanna trouble you.... It's too much of a thing to implement when all I need to do is a Manual Run for subtitles once a month or so....

So don't worry about that... I'd love to use your scripts but I don't wanna hassle you and besides, I never did a script implementation, I'm new to filebot and scripting for it, I'm a bit afraid of loosing or damaging my files (I've got 3TB of media here)... I would need a guide to do that and it's more trouble for you... so Don't worry....

Now about that permission thing.... there's a simple way to fix that on my files? Plex is somehow getting the wrong names on the new files I'm downloading....Forcing a re-search on the meta-data is always needed and it seems only to result in going back to the original wrong title, (I'm guessing its a permission file error) so I'm forcing each file by setting manually the title for each movie... It only happens with RARBG movie files... weird...

• Well David you gotta a pretty darn good script there...

Thank you, I take that as a compliment.

I noticed this thing about permissions as well... trying to figure it out that too...

Well it is (or was) a necessary due to the fact that my old SABnzbd install ran as root.

But I don't wanna trouble you....

You don't by simply asking me to look at. Thats what we here for, it's a good excersise for me anyway. We just need to figure out what exactly you need.

It's too much of a thing to implement when all I need to do is a Manual Run for subtitles once a month or so....

Well, we could do two things. Either figure out the commands you need and wrap it for you as your own script or put it into my script with an additional caller script. Either way, you could then have it run as a cronjob every week.

So you want to run once every x days a subtitle search for every file your movie folder?

I'm new to filebot and scripting for it, I'm a bit afraid of loosing or damaging my files (I've got 3TB of media here)...

I can understand you fear and I must admit that even I had wiped some Movies with it - but that was due to fact that filebot matched all my Star Wars Movies wrong and thus overwrite two of them. That is the only occurence I know of where this ever happened. Also, you can set filebot to never overwrite any file - thats the override option i was talking about. Nevertheless,you need to understand the script and know how to use each variable accordingly, if you get this right, the script doesn't do any harm, if you mess up it's like you said, it could make things troublesome. But, you start with one file, test it on that file manually, you check if it was moved to the right location and e voila. Done.

Now about that permission thing.... there's a simple way to fix that on my files?

Depends if this is really a permission bug, reading further of your post it may not be a permission bug...

Plex is somehow getting the wrong names on the new files I'm downloading

I don't use plex on a daily basis but back when I tried, it was really choosy on my files. For example, Plex wants (or back then wanted) to have the showname in the FILENAME, no, the folder was not sufficient enough. Well, since then I have the Showname in all my TV Show episodes.

Greetings
    Davod

• Ok I'm ready to start...

After some days with couch potato I just gave up the hole idea of it being in charge of controlling my files... When I noticed my download folder had all files but when tried to execute them it said "missing" and for the movie files a lot of those were only blank folders... Not only that but it didn't deleted the torrent from transmission queue after job was done.....And I got to the hole configuration process over and over and didn't worked...

What I need:

First of all my download process just fyi:
    1. couch potato puts torrent file on /media/9b9c0349-a53e-428b-9eb1-05a7f79c8f6e/transmission/watch/
    2. then transmission client, listening to that folder, start the process;
    3. after it's done the transmission client deletes torrent files from same folder;
    ---- Now this is the part couch potato is currently in charge but if we can make it I'll give this job to your script ---
    4. The movie and its folder should be renamed to <movie_name> (<movie_year>).<file_extension> [off course the file extension is just for the file not the folder]
    5. The Subtitle in Brazilian-Portuguese must be matched and downloaded and renamed (exactly as the name of the movie with [.pob] in front of it [in case I want a .eng subtitle too]) to the same folder at this point
    6. After renaming the folder and movie file, subtitle matched, downloaded and renamed, the movie folder, file and subtitle must be moved (or copied for security sake) to the folder /media/32C0BA79C0BA42C1/movies/
    7. I don't know at which point permission configuration should be done, but I guess at the end of the process right? And I don't know exactly what I need but I want to lock files from being deleted from other users except myself my username here is jgganeto but they must be able to read and execute maybe? movie files are read or executed?
    8. The process is finished.

Would be nice to be able to trigger this script or not, in case I wanna do it myself...

Do you think is a difficult script to make or use yours with some adaptation?

Thanks in advance...

• 4. The movie and its folder should be renamed to <movie_name> (<movie_year>).<file_extension> [off course the file extension is just for the file not the folder]

Thats nearly the syntax I use, except that I also have the quality added.

5. The Subtitle in Brazilian-Portuguese must be matched and downloaded and renamed (exactly as the name of the movie with [.pob] in front of it [in case I want a .eng subtitle too]) to the same folder at this point

That goes along with my Dual Language mentality, I need to look at the exact behavihour of fetching subtitles with filebot. Also on a side note: Which subtitle source were you be using? I read opensubtitles on the filebot forum is the source to go, is that correct?

6. After renaming the folder and movie file, subtitle matched, downloaded and renamed, the movie folder, file and subtitle must be moved (or copied for security sake) to the folder /media/32C0BA79C0BA42C1/movies/

Looking at the UUID I guess this is a NTFS drive - that doesn't give a shit about linux permissions anyway.

7. I don't know at which point permission configuration should be done, but I guess at the end of the process right? And I don't know exactly what I need but I want to lock files from being deleted from other users except myself my username here is jgganeto but they must be able to read and execute maybe? movie files are read or executed?

If the drive is NTFS, there is no need to even care about the permissions.

8. The process is finished.

Yes. Do you also want to be able to look up for missing subs in your Media Librabry Path?

Would be nice to be able to trigger this script or not, in case I wanna do it myself...

So am I right you want to trigger this once every X days manually on your Media Library Path?

Do you think is a difficult script to make or use yours with some adaptation?

If you leave out the subtitle search you could already have it up and running. ;)

Give me the weekend to look more at the subtitle search, and answer me the questions above. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Started working on the subtitle implementation, and I'm beyond the first confusions on the groovy script since filebot -get-subtitle was disabled

Zitat

`filebot -get-subtitles` has been disabled due to abuse. Please use `filebot -get-missing-subtitles` instead.
    Failure (°_°)

and even the recursive option for filebot -get-missing-subtitles has been disabled, thus I need to rely on the groovy script.

Zitat

`filebot -get-missing-subtitles -r` has been disabled due to abuse. Please see http://bit.ly/suball for details.
    Failure (°_°

The groovy script however has as a default to automatically exclude every file that has subtitles included already. So I need to figure out how to correctly work around this behaviour.

Also I fixed some other stuff in the script, added logfile support for filebot and finally split the filebotTVLanguage into filebotTVLanguageNative and filebotTVLanguageSecond to be able to set those individually.

Greetings
    David

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Hi David sorry I was absent for a while... I moved my hole office to another place, so I was offline for a couple of weeks... I'll try to read all you've said and respond to each question individually...

• Zitat

Thats nearly the syntax I use, except that I also have the quality added.

Fine For me, quality can be a great thing to have as well...

Zitat

Which subtitle source were you be using? I read opensubtitles on the filebot forum is the source to go, is that correct?

Yes it's correct and yes is the one I use.... Although I might say adding Subscene (http://subscene.com/) as a backup or a second option wouldn't hurt... Sometimes and only a few, I have to go there due to not finding the right match in opensubtitles...

Zitat

If the drive is NTFS, there is no need to even care about the permissions.

True, but is nice to have an option if one day I decide to format this to etx4 ou xfs or even add another Hard Drive... Could be a on, off switch kinda thing... Don't know if it's possible though.... two scripts maybe one with permissions rules, other without?!!!

Zitat

Do you also want to be able to look up for missing subs in your Media Librabry Path?..... So am I right you want to trigger this once every X days manually on your Media Library Path?

YES, Manually is always a good option.... Automatically on 15 day period would be nice too...

Ok I guess I responded all questions there... If you need anything else I'll be here...
    Hope to hear from you soon... I'm back online so I'll be around now...

Thank you so much for everything... Cya

• Have to give it another shot in a couple of days. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Sorry to raise an old thread, but I have questions about how to use FileBot.

I did install Java 8 and file bot:

FileBot 4.7.1 (r4126) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_111 (headless)

Now what? Is there a how to guide someone can point me to?

I gather there is some script I can use as a base. But where is FileBot installed? Where do I put the script etc?

Thanks in advance for answering my noob question!

• If you want to know about the Syntax, take a peek at my script or the command line guidance over at the filebot side. If you installed filebot as deb file you can call it via the filebot command, if I'm not mistaken, you should be able to extract that from my script - I can't look at it right now.

@jgganeto I'm sorry you haven't heard back to me in the past few weeks/months. I've been distracted by lots of other stuff and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to continue the work on the script anytime soon.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!