Plex Plugin looks in wrong directory

• My plex user got the right home directory, still error tough. Fuzeman says that installing the libraries the plugin needs with pip might solve it, but I asked him to write how to install the libraries in the bug thred on github.

This is the only plugin I'm using that have "bult in" libraries, so I don't know if other plugins fails. But I think all plugins that have some kind of libraries or programs "built in" that need to be run, will fail because the data disk i noexec.

• Libraries will work fine on a noexec disk. So that is not an issue. They are files that end in .so??? What is the chmod of the files?

You need to create a .conf file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ You could call it plextrakt.conf or something. It needs to be chown root:root and chmod 0440. In the file put the path to where the libraries are and then enter this command in command line:
    ldconfig

That should enable the libraries. Try it. If it does not work you can delete the conf file and then just do "ldconfig" command again.
    Make sure you only use libraries for your cpu. Delete the other folders.

• The files are apsw.so and llist.so (plugin fails at loading apsw.so, see the logs above, or in the github thread). They have executable permissions (755).
    Disabling "noexec" on the drive fixes all issues with this plugin. i've been using it just fine for 3 days now (with a pretty big (3tb+) library, and an active trakt.tv account, and syncing back and forth a few times) without any issues.
    Enabling the noexec breaks it again.

I think disabling noexec on the drive containing the plugin is the easiest (temporary) fix for this issue for now.

• If someone could put together a guide/step by step on how to get this working, I'd definitely appreciate it. That's if it's ready for something of the sort. I'm just starting with trakt.tv. I've been using miniDLNA along with my WD Live as a client and am thinking about utilizing Plex instead. I'm not the biggest fan of Plex, mainly because it always seems to transcode, or at least that was my experience in the past. Considering the WD Live plays just about anything without transcoding, this is no longer a problem. Since I'm about to cut the cord, Trakt.tv makes it much easier to keep track of what's coming up and what I've missed, etc.

Anyways, this would be extremely helpful to get working.

Thanks!

edit:
    My OMV install is set up with an SSD for the system drive plus a 7x1TB drives to create a raid 6 array along with a few volumes. Plex is installed on one of the volumes located in /media/UID.

• Well, for me at least after installing the plex Plugin in OMV, I configured the plex DB on my raid volume which of course goes to /media/UID/plexmediaserver. I've attempted to install the trakttv.bundle to /media/UID/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins. Of course like others, this didn't work. Didn't even load the plugin. So I tried loading the plugin to /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-cece46d and it loaded the plugin, the channel was listed, but it didn't do anything. I tried creating a symlink of the plugin located at /usr/lib/... to the plugin folder at /media/UID/... but that didn't seem to do anything either. I was fooling around using a VM but my linux knowledge is lacking so I can only go so far and do so much before I throw in the towel.

Plex does seem to look in both locations for plugins though. I noticed when I only had the plugin in the /media/UID... location I did notice in the logs that it made an attempt to load the plugin. My guess is the whole noexec in fstab is stopping it. I'm trying to avoid changing fstab. There's just a whole bunch of different logs and I'm getting lost trying to figure them out.

If you need anything else let me know. Thanks for whatever help you can provide!

• Well, for me at least after installing the plex Plugin in OMV, I configured the plex DB on my raid volume which of course goes to /media/UID/plexmediaserver. I've attempted to install the trakttv.bundle to /media/UID/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins. Of course like others, this didn't work. Didn't even load the plugin. So I tried loading the plugin to /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-cece46d and it loaded the plugin, the channel was listed, but it didn't do anything. I tried creating a symlink of the plugin located at /usr/lib/... to the plugin folder at /media/UID/... but that didn't seem to do anything either. I was fooling around using a VM but my linux knowledge is lacking so I can only go so far and do so much before I throw in the towel.

Plex does seem to look in both locations for plugins though. I noticed when I only had the plugin in the /media/UID... location I did notice in the logs that it made an attempt to load the plugin. My guess is the whole noexec in fstab is stopping it. I'm trying to avoid changing fstab. There's just a whole bunch of different logs and I'm getting lost trying to figure them out.

If you need anything else let me know. Thanks for whatever help you can provide!

I've got the exact same issue. plexmediaserver home folder is under /media/UID/plexmediaserver/ and I've tried adding the plugin under both that folder and /usr/lib/plexmediaserver. The last one loads and the settings pane is visible but there are no actions within the plugin pane.

Edit: From looking into my Trakt plug-in log, it seems as if an XML-file cannot be loaded from /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-in Support/ and I have trouble creating a sylink to /media/UID/plexmediaserver/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-in\ Support/
    I simply cant create it the right way. It's there, but I cant step into it.

• To get the plug in working...

1 - Get Plex working under OMV
    2 - DL traktv Plugin and place in /media/51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins (replace the UID with your actual UID)
    3 - nano /etc/fstab (I like to copy it first) and edit the entry for the UUID and remove the noexec entry

old line:
    UUID=51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 /media/51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

new line:
    UUID=51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 /media/51344d39-4599-4bc1-8c0e-dbcb3ae38741 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

4 - reboot and the plugin will work fine.

Any questions?

• Thanks for the help! I knew about the fstab change but was trying to avoid it. Once again, I don't really know enough about Linux or OMV enough to know whether or not removing the noexec from the storage could possibly cause issues in the long run. Anyways, I went ahead and made the change and this definitely did fix the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!