Filebot Install: Java Missing?

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Filebot Install: Java Missing?

Hi all! I'm in the process of automating my NAS to download from a remote source and was looking into Filebot for renaming and moving movies for plex to automatically recognize them. I installed filebot but when i try to run it i get:

Source Code

1. root@NAS:/home/jacob# filebot
      2. /usr/bin/filebot: 22: /usr/bin/filebot: java: not found

and when I run "java" I get:

Source Code

1. root@NAS:/home/jacob# java
      2. -bash: java: command not found

I've attempted to install java doing the following:

Source Code

1. root@NAS:/home/jacob# apt-get install default-jre
      2. Reading package lists... Done
      3. Building dependency tree
      4. Reading state information... Done
      5. Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      6. requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      7. distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      8. or been moved out of Incoming.
      9. The following information may help to resolve the situation:
      10. The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      11. default-jre : Depends: default-jre-headless (= 1:1.6-47) but it is not going to be installed
      12. Depends: openjdk-6-jre (>= 6b23~pre8-2~) but it is not going to be installed
      13. E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
      Display All

I keep attempting to install all of the dependancies but it eventually runs down to "tzdata-java" and "tzata" needing to be installed but when I try to install it i get:

Source Code

1. root@NAS:/home/jacob# apt-get install tzdata-java
      5. Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      6. requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      7. distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      8. or been moved out of Incoming.
      9. The following information may help to resolve the situation:
      10. The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      11. tzdata-java : Depends: tzdata (= 2015f-0+deb7u1) but 2015g-0+deb7u1 is to be installed
      12. E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
      Display All

and

Source Code

1. root@NAS:/home/jacob# apt-get install tzdata
      5. tzdata is already the newest version.
      6. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
      Display All

Please help!
    • Your mirror is not synched correctly - I don't know why it allways hits the tzdata package. However for installing filebot (with alle necessary addons) I suggest the follow bash script (is a snippet of my own PostProcessing Script Install, cut off the actual installation of my script).

Shell-Script

1. downloadDeb() {
      2. wget "http://www.filebot.net/download.php?mode=s&type=deb&arch=${1}" -O filebot_${1}.deb
      3. wget `curl https://mediaarea.net/de/MediaInfo/Download/Debian | grep mediainfo_ | grep ${1}.Debian_7.0.deb | cut -d '"' -f2`
      4. wget `curl https://mediaarea.net/de/MediaInfo/Download/Debian | grep libmediainfo0_ | grep ${1}.Debian_7.0.deb | cut -d '"' -f2`
      5. wget `curl https://mediaarea.net/de/MediaInfo/Download/Debian | grep libzen0_ | grep ${1}.Debian_7.0.deb | cut -d '"' -f2`
      6. }
      7. installDeb() {
      8. dpkg -i filebot_*.deb mediainfo_*Debian_7.0.deb libmediainfo0_*Debian_7.0.deb libzen0_*Debian_7.0.deb
      9. }
      10. cd /tmp
      11. archamd64=$(uname -a | grep x86_64)
      12. arch386=$(uname -a | grep 386)
      13. arch486=$(uname -a | grep 486)
      14. arch686=$(uname -a | grep 686)
      15. if [ ! -z "${archamd64}" ]; then
      16. downloadDeb amd64
      17. installDeb
      18. elif [ ! -z "${arch386}" ] || [ ! -z "${arch486}" ] || [ ! -z "${arch686}" ] ; then
      19. downloadDeb i386
      20. installDeb
      21. else
      22. echo "Sorry, I was too lazy to setup the install script for your platform, yet. For now its x86_64 and x86_32 only."
      23. fi
      Display All

To Install Java, please refer to this Guide - you need Java8 anyway for most of the filebot features:

Usually we do not advise to use any Guide that suggest the use of Ubuntu Packages of any kind, however this Package was installed many times by myself and has shown no problem with any other package.

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03/how-to-install-oracle-java-8-in-debian.html

PS: My full PostProcessing Script can be found at https://github.com/davidh2k/PostProcessing

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • jkingaround wrote:

Do I need to uninstall the version I installed? If so how?

You don't need to.

jkingaround wrote:

Do I do the script first then Java or does the order not matter?

It doesn't matter, you can do it vice-versa.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • You're welcome.

Greetings
      David