Raid 1 Missing After Reboot

• Hello,

This topic may not be in the right sub-forum, I am new to forums, but yesterday I decided to power down the OMV NAS and ran into problems with the RAID. After I turned the NAS on, the RAID 1 Array which was created through the OMV GUI disappeared. Luckily, I have a backup from about a week ago. I was wondering if the software RAID 1 behavior always acts this way? I am currently recreating the array, but I believe the Issue will arise the next time I reboot. I read some other posts but there is no clear answer as to why this happens. I am running OMV off USB Flash Drive with fs2ram enabled with changes made to fstab. I am also using 2X2TB Hard Drives for Raid 1.

Above is the output of cat /proc/mdstat if it helps

Above is the output of blkid

Above is the output of fdisk -l

Here is a link to another similar forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

"It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one." -George Washington

Current OMV Server Configuration: 8GB Avexir DDR4 Ram, Pentium G4400 Dual Core CPU, Corsair CS550M Power Supply, Fractal Design Core 1100, 2X2 TB WD RE4 HDD, MSI B150M-PRO VD, 2X ISTARUSA 5.25 to Hot Swap Drive Trays.

• I forgot to mention that the raid is currently re-syncing.

Current OMV Server Configuration: 8GB Avexir DDR4 Ram, Pentium G4400 Dual Core CPU, Corsair CS550M Power Supply, Fractal Design Core 1100, 2X2 TB WD RE4 HDD, MSI B150M-PRO VD, 2X ISTARUSA 5.25 to Hot Swap Drive Trays.

• I re synced the raid and the data is all where it was. I just do not understand why with a standard shutdown the RAID 1 would be lost.

• This is the mdadm.conf file

• Looking at the support info like the sticky stated to do, below are the partitions from support info.

• Below is the static file system information.

• Lastly, here is the mount information. (very long)

• I just restarted OMV and these are the relevant configurations.

cat /proc/mdstat

blkid

fdisk -l

There are 2x2tb hdd in my system that are shown in physical disks but not as raid and without a file system after restart.

• I do not know whether I was clear or how clear I was in my last post, but the raid 1 completely vanishes after reboot and the only solution that I know of is to recreate the array, but that takes at least 6 hours. I do not know what to do to mediate this problem.

• Could the raid issues be associated with the Flash Memory Plugin, or is it just something with OMV or my hardware? I really am at a dead end here. I know the OMV experts like @subzero79 and @davidh2k are great at resolving these issues and their help would be greatly appreciated.

• If I try mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abcdefghijl] like other users have, below is the output

• Offizieller Beitrag

I dont have a clear answer for you with the info you post here. Raid not engaging at boot might be caused by several causes. Experience gathered here in the forum, for example people using some of the disks arrays with partition and brand of the disks, some of them are constant trouble at raid.

Can you post here dmesg in pasteBin please link.

• What exactly is dmesg? Is it the OMV log or is it a command to enter in ssh?

• I'm no good with mdadm, so pardon me if I stay out of such issues.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Sorry if I can't reply immediately, I am currently away from home and will return soon. Thank you for your help.

• Here are the results. I am not sure this is correct because typing

Code
    dmesg > /root/dmesg.txt

led to a file creation i believe, but I do not know how to extract the file since I am a Linux noob, so I simply typed dmesg and pasted the contents on Pastebin.

• Ok I used filezilla to copy the file and this is the output.

• @subzero79, below is the output of ls -la /etc/rc[S2345].d | grep mdadm

Code
    ls -la /etc/rc[S2345].d | grep mdadm
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   15 Feb  6 13:11 S04mdadm -> ../init.d/mdadm
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   20 Dec 25 16:56 S08mdadm-raid -> ../init.d/mdadm-raid

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!