How to install Seafile with MySQL and SSL

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• when I add users to seafile, the server does not send the confirmation emailand pw assigned, I tried changing "seahub_settings.py" adding the following lines:

Source Code

1. # Email Sending
      2. EMAIL_USE_TLS = True
      3. EMAIL_HOST = 'smtp.google.com'
      4. EMAIL_HOST_USER = 'USER_NAME@google.com'
      5. EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD = 'USER_PW'
      6. EMAIL_PORT = 587
      7. DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL = 'USER_NAME@google.com'
      8. SERVER_EMAIL = 'USER_NAME@google.com'

(as explained by tiny_x7) (may be that I have not changed 587 to 465 :-Pany way google send me email similar " some software tray abuse you account...."
      someone has solved ??
      ---------
      OMV 3.0.46 (Erasmus) - MySQL 3.x - Seafile 6.x Proliant N36L RAID Mirror 2x 1,5TB *** I love test beta software ;) ***
      ---------

The post was edited 2 times, last by cima71 ().

• New

Greetings new friends. Newb alert. I've got OMV working on a Pi3 and all seems well. So I'm trying to get seafile going too now. I'm stuck on setting the seafile data directory here:
      - When asked for the Seafile Data directory use the full directory path to the Seafile-data folder you created in Part 1 Step 2 and append /data to the end of the path e.g.
      /media/fa8088ed-5de5-4c2c-b4dc-d84abe3dd7ec/Seafile-Data/data (/media/your-number-is different/Seafile-Data/data)
      How do I find the proper path for my own setup? I'm not able to figure that out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tkserver: typo ().

• New

After getting OMV and Seafile running I can't write files to my SMB directories from my Mac. Also I'm not super impressed with the UI of Seafile. All uploads have failed with no explanation as to why. Perhaps same permissions reason. And one can't cancel an upload once it starts, so I often get a spinning wheel, forever. Maybe I'll look at NextCloud.