Plexpy Killed Plex? :(

• Was trying to install plexpy via the webui and now plex is unreachable and i recieve this error when i try to apply config changes in webui. Reboot doesn't fix. Help?! Might also possibly be related to a manual server update i did on plex a day or two ago?

• Might also possibly be related to a manual server update i did on plex a day or two ago?

Exactly what did you do to update plex manually?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you downloaded and installed an Ubuntu Plex Media Server package from plex.tv, that was a mistake. Those packages are not suitable for use on OMV 2.x.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Occasionally, Plex does not start here on boot. I've ;earned to live with that. I don't have any other suggestions.

--

• Hope you picked the right package, if you pick the ubuntu one that doesn't work with debian.

well... like i said.. it installed. and is currently being played from. so... why, if i chose the wrong one which i dled directly from plex itself within my nas not via the site, would it be working?

so how about we go on the assumption i installed the correct one. can we try and fix the plexpy issue? thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

if i chose the wrong one which i dled directly from plex itself within my nas not via the site, would it be working?

Plex does not offer debian packages, it does for ubuntu. The package we provide through omvextras comes from a guy in the plex forums that repackages the ubuntu one and adds the proper init script, ubuntu uses upstart.

Does this file exists /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver?

• Go back to the web interface now, disable the plex, does the error comes again?

i actually did those commands you said and went to enable plexpy. it hung at the apply config step but eventually went through. but going to that port shows a 400 error (possibly something to do with SSL connection which is what showed up when i googled it).

EDIT: plex starts up properly on reboot. so now i only need to get plexpy working. any thoughts?

• i appreciate help but that post was pointless and useless. so yes. downvote.

Since you're the one seeking for help there is no point in beeing rude to a someone that has accepted the problem as unsolvable for him. ;) We get that it is not acceptable for you.

One dirty workaround would be the use of the rc.local file to restart plex after booting, but that would just cover the original problem.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I actually solved the plex not restarting with the above defaults update to update-rc. And I also got plexpy to work for anything looking / having the same issue.

It seemed to be an issue with an invalid cookie named generated somewhere along the line. I edited the file "/usr/lib/python2.7/Cookie.py" searched for LegalChars and added \ to it (based on the advice of this post).

PlexPy

But I stopped halfway through the post. Once I added that I did "service plexpy stop" and "service plexpy start" and it worked on the port set up by OMV. And it all worked.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!