Starting over, OMV image or OMV package?

• Hi all,
    I've had an Ubuntu server running for a while now, and recently bought another 6TB WD Red drive and hit the damn 16TB limit. I got angry and yelled, since I started out with 3x6TB so I am miffed. I've been running multiple kvm's and have a fairly complex setup, so starting over for something as stupid as this just doesn't strike my fancy.

Since I will be migrating to OMV I am currently backing up all my data and planning the installation.
    I've purchased a 30GB Kingston SSDNow 200S drive for the OS, based on recommendations I found here and elsewhere.

I wish to know if I should install Debian Squeeze, Wheezy or something first and then apt- OMV on top of that, or use the purpose built OMV installation instead?

Any recommendations on File System? I've got 16 gigs of ECC memory and an Atom Octocore at 2,4GHZ.

The server will be hosting owncloud, a wordpress site, network file shares, Plex Media Server and Sickrage.

Thanks!

• Either install debian wheezy and OpenMediaVault ontop or use the prebuilt iso for installation, the only difference is that you can do a customised installation with the debian installer which you can't do with the OpenMediaVault installer.

Since you're using ECC ram you might be up for using ZFS, but thats really up to you. EXT4 and XFS are fine too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Either install debian wheezy and OpenMediaVault ontop or use the prebuilt iso for installation, the only difference is that you can do a customised installation with the debian installer which you can't do with the OpenMediaVault installer.

Since you're using ECC ram you might be up for using ZFS, but thats really up to you. EXT4 and XFS are fine too.

Greetings
    David

What kind of customisation? I don't want to limit myself down the line after all.. I don't plan on re-doing this for quite some time!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!