[miniDLNA] plugin: small configuration script improvment proposale

• Hello there,
    This is my first post on this forum and I'm not sure I'm on the right thread, but I only want to propose a small improvement in OMV miniDLNA plugin.
    Why this code ?
    Because I'm using my own made version of minidlna with my own parameters, I really dislike the way how configuration file is updated from OMV: it is a really simple minidlna.conf that is generated each time a modification is done.
    So, attached code is performing only parameters replacement following OMV parameters instead of generating a new configuration file.
    By this way, if your are using your own setting (for cover name for example, etc), they are not removed if you're adding your shared path from OMV interface.
    The only missing thing is to clean initial minidlna.conf file from example/default shared path.

Works with openmediavault-minidlna package version 1.1

File path is /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf
    File name minidlna (without .txt extension)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I really dislike the way how configuration file is updated from OMV: it is a really simple minidlna.conf that is generated each time a modification is done.

I do not maintain this plugin, but this is the generic way how config generation is handled in OMV. The config is fully build based on the information that is stored in the config database. That's how it works, OMV is the master of the config files. I understand that some users do not like this, but in this case maybe webmin would be the prefered and better solution (if this fullfills the other requirements why you've choosen OMV).

P.S.: If you look on your code you should understand why OMV does not work your suggested way, the code is really unmaintainable.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am the maintainer of that plugin and agree with Volker. I like how the config is rewritten each time. It would be MUCH more difficult to maintain plugins if we had no clue what options users were putting in their config files.

If you want an option in the config written differently, file an issue here.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK thanks for your replies.
    I understand now why OMV is rewritting configuration file each time ;).
    I'll open an issue (thanks for the link) to add a field in OMV's plugin interface to be able to add own options.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!