MiniDLNA randomly does not start after boot

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MiniDLNA randomly does not start after boot

Hello,

I have a problem with MiniDLNA. if I turn off my computer over night and then turn it on, MiniDLNA sometimes does not start OK. Maybe 50% of the time it is marked with a red dot in Services. I have found two ways to turn it on. I can press rescan in the MiniDLNA tab or i start PuTTy and send the command "service minidlna restart".
      OMV is ver. 2.1.25
      MiniDLNA ver. 1.1
      OMV is installed on a 4 GB CompactFlash card. I have installed flashmemory 1.9.2 to make the CF card last longer.
      SMB/CIFS and SSH are also enabled.
      I just looked in the log files after a failed MiniDLNA start and found in the boot log a line "chown: cannot access '/var/log/minidlna.log': No such file or directory". I need to check if that line is there after a successful boot. Is there anybody else that has had the same problem or can guide me what to look for in the log files?
    • Hey uffe,
      I got the same issue.
      I only think that my problem is due to the fact that i'm using the "Flash Memory" Plugin. This moved the mounts under /var/ to the memory section.

I am believing the /val/ mount is not available fast enough, therefore it can't access /var/log/minidlna.log

Currently I am trying to fix this. I'll give you an update as soon as I got one.
    • Hi uffe,
      I found a workaround and until now it is working fine for me for the last few days.

I scheduled a job at reboot that executes the following command as root.

Source Code

1. /etc/init.d/minidlna status | grep not && /etc/init.d/minidlna start

I hope this helps you.
      Images
      • job_at_reboot-checking_and_starting_minidlna.png

13.78 kB, 399×452, viewed 141 times
    • On my test VM with flashmemory and minidlna installed, it doesn't have any problem starting. I wondering if this has something to do with the speed of the system and/or boot media??
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.10
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!