User friendly UUIDs

• Maybe you don't know about TAB completion. When you are writing the path with the UUID just type the first 3 letters of the UUID and then press TAB. It will complete the long UUID for you.

• I agree with all the observations made here. However, while adding folders (media) to Plex Server, I was presented with a dialog showing me drives as UUIDs. Once I knew which UUID to choose from, I was able to add the folders. I was merely pointing out that it could be unnerving for someone not used to these types of names. If we could use logical names for drives, it takes the challenge away.

• I think we all face the same issues at times. Most of the media server's UIs will let you open the next lower lever. I can usually tell from the next lower subdirectory level if I've gotten the right one or not. Not saying the long UUIDs are nice but they serve an important role.

• I came here looking for this exact same thing so there are definitely other users with the same issue. :( I have 12 hard drives and several pools setup. The pools get a uuid, the drives get a uuid so its just a mess anytime I'm trying to figure out what is what and some applications just give the UUID as stated above.. Just putting in my thought :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!