Cant use Shares in Plex

• Hi,
    im am testing OMV for a few weeks now.
    I set it up with an SnapRAID and aufs Pooling.

Then i created a share, and a samba share for my movies.
    I added the plex user to the users group as mentioned before.
    I created a group "internal" for my own user and plex and gave this group permission to the "movies" share.

When i open the plex page and want to create a library for movies and add a directory here, i cant see the "movies" share, just the hash-values that seem to represent the physical drives.

Is that right? because of using aufs i think i never can be sure on which drive my data really is.

I thought in plex i could see the same shares as in OMV or windows explorer.

Whats wrong?

thanks,

• I went with tekkb suggestions myself. I have been testing a server for couple of weeks with MergerFS and Plex. I haven't seen any issues. My write speeds are over 100MB/s with default settings. I have not created any special group. Simply created shares as detailed in the document above and assigned to Samba. I only added one user with read/write access to the top level shares. I am able to see the shares on my Windows desktop and also visible in the Plex library where you add folders. If you have specific questions, please ask.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!