Strange thing happens with boud0 and eth0

• Hi,
    Today i received my 4 port network card (HP NC365T) an i installed it on my omv with all 4 interfaces at bound0 try 802.3ad (i have a managed switch (DGS-1216T) that configured port mirroring) every thing works fine wen i have my onboard ethernet plugged in for example on eth0 i have IP 192.168.1.128 and on bound 192.168.1.140. On my desktop when i access to 192.168.1.140 every thing works great but only if the eth0 is connected, if i disconnect the eth0 the ip of boud0 don't reply. Also try with balanced rr to increase NAS speed on network (on dashboard appears 4000Mbit/sec) but the same thing happens. After reading some documentation i will keep this config (balanced rr).
    Anyone has some idea what causing this.

• there is the output

• Please take some time and read some articles about bonding ports.

port mirroring is not that function you are looking for (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_mirroring).

There must create a LAG group on your switch to use 802.3ad as bonding type.

Some bonding types like balance-tlb oder balance-alb(nearly the same as 802.3ad) are working with out any switch configuration

NAS: Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Xeon E3-1265L-v3 | Kernel: 4.18 | ASRock Rack E3C224-4L | 32GB ECC RAM | System: Crucial M500(250GB) | LSI 9260-8i - RAID0: 2x Samsung 850 EVO (250GB) + 2x Intel SSD (230G) | LSI 9270-8i - 6x WD Red 6 TB RAID5

• Hello,

I have the same problem.

- Configured the Dynamic LAG on my Brocade Switch.
    - Created the bond0 (802.3ad) with 2 Gigabit Interfaces (eth3, eth4) on my OMV
    - Access the WebUI via Bond0 IP => OK
    - Shutdown my interface eth0 and Bond0 become unresponsive

Conclusion : Bond0 not working if eth0 is disconnected.

• It may take some time to Debian noting that it has to route over bond0, but why did you configure bond on the switch? No mode except LACP needs that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• @bonkersGER and I used other modes - aside from LACP - just fine, so I suggest to try another mode instead.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!