Wake up OMV when shares accessed

• Hi everybody,
    i am running OMV since a few days and happy so far.

There is something that i cant understand: I configured WOL, and its works, as far as e. g. a Kodi Client starts and wakes my OMV.
    And i set up my Fritzbox router to wake up the OMV when its accessed from the internet.

But, much more simple, i want the OMV to wake up when i access it from my home network.
    For example: If my wifes starts up her PC, clicks on one if the connected network drives which is bound to a OMV share -> wake up OMV.

What the hell am i missing? Why isnt that working?

Cant be true we have to connect to the OMV via Internet, because that setup works. But not comfortable.

Any help? Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Kodi and your router both send a WOL packet to wake up the system. Trying to access a share (which technically doesn't exist when the system is off) does not send a WOL packet. You could add a desktop icon to send a WOL packet to the server to wake it up and then she could access the share.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• use WOL from your windows client with wol.exe

<http://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#wol>
    download it from here:
    <http://www.gammadyne.com/wol.exe>

Please write a small batch file with the following content:

@echo off
    path_to_wol.exe\wol mac_address_from_OMV-NIC
    pause

then create on your desktop the link for using this batch.

Here is my batch for example:

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von omavoss ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!